We are looking for a dedicated, proactive Site Manager to become part of our Priory School Team.
The role holder will be responsible for the supervision and provision of maintenance, security and cleanliness of the school buildings and grounds. This is a key role within the school that would suit someone with excellent communication and DIY skills.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a positive, approachable and friendly manner.
- Be a nominated key holder and the first point of contact in an emergency/out of school hours.
- Open and close the school on a daily basis.
- Have a background in, or experience of building management/maintenance.
- Have an understanding of, and an ability to apply Health and Safety regulations across the site.
- Be Fire Safety Officer for the school.
- Ensure all statutory compliance reports/checks, log books, certificates and documentation are up to date and that systems are inspected regularly.
- Be responsible for arranging, liaising with, and monitoring contractors on site.
- Have a basic understanding of heating, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Identify any repairs or maintenance work required at the school.
- Demonstrate a practical knowledge of DIY skills including, but not limited to: decorating, assembling furniture, minor plumbing repairs, installing shelves, replacing light bulbs, cleaning gutters.
- Ensure the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained at all times.
- Carry out appropriate risk assessments and liaise with LA teams.
- Be responsible for managing a maintenance budget.
- Possess competency in English. Maths and have good IT skills
We can offer:
- A hardworking and supportive team of school staff
- Fantastic opportunities to work within a successful developing school
- Resources and support to enhance your provision
- Continual professional development that will support the growth of the role.
Hours of Work: 37 hours a week (split shifts during term time). Holidays are to be taken outside of school terms. During the school holidays, the pattern of working hours may vary.
The Post is subject to a six month probationary period.
Visits to the school are welcomed but due to Covid restrictions will take place out of school hours. Please call the school office on 0115 9526100 to make an appointment.
You can download a JD, PS & application form below.
Closing date for applications is: Friday 22nd January 2021 Midday.
Interviews will be held on: Friday 29th January 2021.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.