Trust HR Administrator
*Required February 2021*
The Brunts Academy are seeking to appoint, a Trust HR Administrator that will join our Trust HR department. The Academy has a supportive team of staff who are strongly focused upon raising standards for students.
Purpose of the Post:
- To work across the Trust to ensure the MAT, as a single employer of approximately 285 staff across three academies, has the right HR policies, procedures and systems in place to meet the organisation’s needs.
- To lead on further developing and maintaining all of the necessary HR administrative processes. Ensuring they are fit for purpose based on the MAT being a single employer whilst fostering independence, confidentiality and responsibility for staffing issues at individual academy level.
- To work in accordance with the Trust’s vision and values, supporting the raising of standards of student achievement through the provision of effective and efficient Human Resources.
- To be aware of the General Data Protection Regulations and data protection policies to ensure confidentially of records and information.
- The following responsibilities are Trust wide:
- Supporting academies in the MAT in order to ensure that they follow best practice and meet all statutory obligations in their recruitment and appointment processes; including meeting all “Single Central Record” and safeguarding requirements— e.g. DBS and disqualification checks, employment references etc.
- Developing and maintaining a library of document templates for use by all academies; alerting the Trust HR Manager to any inconsistencies in pay and grading that may require attention to prevent equal pay issues arising.
- Analysis of absence trends and provision of termly reports for the MAT Board and CEO, including the gender pay gap reporting.
- Preparing half-yearly reports for discussion at the Trust Pay Committee and preparing pay statement letters.
- Ensuring relevant information is provided to staff on pension scheme membership and completion of LGPS / TPS forms for submission.
- Regularly reviewing HR systems, documentation and procedures to ensure they are effective and efficient and meet the needs of academies across the MAT.
- Giving first line advice and information on terms and conditions of employment for both teaching and support staff.
- To monitor and update as appropriate HR policies which select, develop and retain the right staff.
- Assisting academies with Civica; in particular for:
- Supporting the Trust’s capability and conduct processes.
- Ensuring data is accurate in advance of the Workforce Return census.
- Setting up new starters
- Managing leavers from the Trust
- Managing changes in contractual arrangements
- Recording absences (with a focus on sickness absence)
The following responsibilities are applicable to the Brunts Academy:
- The preparation of effective recruitment materials including job descriptions, person specifications, advertisements and information packs and co-ordinating the recruitment and selection process, checking application forms, conducting reference checks, shortlisting candidates.
- Ensure all relevant employment checks are carried out including references, DBS and teacher checks.
- Assisting with the coordination of the induction and probationary processes for all new staff (teaching and support) ensuring all regulations are met and appropriate equipment is requested.
- Prepare offer letters and employment contracts.
- Ensuring that the academy meets all requirements of safeguarding legislation in relation to staff, volunteers, visitors, and contractors, ensuring that all necessary safeguarding checks are carried out and recorded in the Single Central Register.
- Ensuring the academy follows the MAT’s probationary period requirements and that appropriate records are maintained and documentation issued to staff in accordance with the required timescales.
- Recording and management of absences, including sickness absence, dependent care leave and maternity / adoption / paternity / shared parental leave.
- Liaising with the Principal to ensure appropriate action is taken when staff hit attendance management trigger points.
- Liaising with Occupational Health on absence cases as required
- Issue appropriate documentation when dealing with leavers and changes to contracts and that clear systems are in place and followed to make sure such changes are actioned on the payroll in a timely fashion.
- Supporting good control systems for attendance, including return to work interviews, flexible working requests, and compassionate leave requests and setting up occupational health appointments.
- Supporting the grievance and disciplinary procedures.
- Inputting personal data into the Civica (HR management system) and SIMS for starters, leavers etc.
- To carry out cover requirements for supply provision.
- Co-ordinate annual fire and health and safety updates.
To apply please visit: https://www.evolvetrust.org/work-with-us/vacancies/.
Closing date for applications to be received in the academy by 12 noon, Thursday 21st January 2021.
This vacancy is closed to applications.