Senior Grounds Maintenance Operatve
Responsible to: Parish Clerk.
Base Location: Rockley Memorial Park, Park Road, Radcliffe on Trent, Nottingham, NG12 1AR.
Hours: 24 per week over 3 days Mon/Tue/Wed – Plus seasonal/holiday cover
Annual Leave: 21 days plus bank holidays (pro rata)
The Post Holder will plan, direct staff and assist in the maintenance of all land and outdoor amenities owned or managed by Radcliffe on Trent Parish Council.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To interpret and execute instructions without the need for direct supervision and to carry out various grounds maintenance tasks including:
* General Sweeping and Leaf Clearance
* Planting and Watering
* Weeding / Trimming Borders/ Strimming
* Maintenance of Machinery
* Litter Picking
* Maintenance of Fencing / Street Furniture/Painting
* Tidying Graves/Memorial areas
- To inspect play equipment, other amenities, report defects and carry out basic repairs
- To open / lock and clean public toilets
- To direct permanent and seasonal Grounds staff
About the Parish Council, Radcliffe-on-Trent Parish Council is responsible for The Grange and Grange Hall Community Buildings and Grounds, Wharf Lane Recreation Ground, Rockley Memorial Gardens, Radcliffe Cemetery, Valley Road Play Area, Upper Saxondale Play Area, Bingham Road Play Area, Cliff Top, The Lily Ponds and Dewberry Hill.
The successful applicant will engage in a wide variety of work in Grounds Maintenance and will receive full support with any required training.
The applicant must hold a full clean driving licence.
For an application form and full job description please contact: Tel: 0115 9335808 Email: email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 12 noon Friday 19 February 2021.