Space Inclusive is an East Midlands based social enterprise that is committed to improving the lives and prospects of people with learning disabilities and learning difficulties by offering appropriate and aspirational opportunities. We support around 160 people across 4 sites in Nottinghamshire, providing person-centred programmes for young adults with learning disabilities aged 18+ who have a personal budget. We offer practical real-life based activities that will support them in their transition from school or college into a sustainable adult life.
We recognise that there are many challenges that young adults can face and we strive to support people’s individual needs through small group working and providing access to a range of opportunities in three main areas: skills for employment, skills for supported / independent living and social skills.
We are currently looking to appoint a temporary full-time Support Worker at our Mansfield Woodhouse site from October 2020 (maternity cover).
- Enable clients to achieve independence as far as possible in all areas of their life by providing appropriate information, opportunity, training (where appropriate) and support.
- Assist in devising, implementing and reviewing support plans.
- Create opportunities for social and leisure activities with clients.
- Introduce clients to a range of facilities and amenities in the local neighbourhood and wider community.
- Promote equality of opportunity and a respect for diversity.
- Help clients meet their personal care needs (if necessary) sensitively and appropriately to a high standard, including personal hygiene, assistance with laundry, and preparing meals and drinks.
- Support clients to take any prescribed medicine (subject to training), complying with all medicine policies.
- Update records on a weekly basis relating to client progress.
- Participate in rotas, which may include day, evening, weekend and Bank Holiday working and sleeping-in duties at night (only on residential trips).
- Assist in health and safety assessments, follow health and safety procedures and participate in fire drills and audits.
- Provide First Aid services when necessary (subject to training).
- Participate in the opportunities provided for training and development.
- Attend team meetings, staff development programmes, training courses, seminars and workshops as required.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will have extensive experience of working with people on the autistic spectrum.
- Will have experience of supporting people with some level of physical disability.
- Will be supportive, respectful and empathic to service users, parents, carers, colleagues and visitors.
- Will share with other team members, previous experience, skills and knowledge which may be relevant to the team in providing its service.
- Will liaise and coordinate with other team members to provide a cohesive, high quality service.
- Regular support and supervision
- Good rates of pay with opportunity for annual incremental pay rise
- Enhanced employer pension contribution
- Increasing holiday allowance in line with years’ service
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to occupational health support
- Paid mental health and wellbeing leave
- Developing service so opportunities for career progression.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore applicants will be required to declare any cautions, convictions, reprimands and final warnings that are not protected (i.e. that are not filtered out) as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). Job offers will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service with barred lists check. Please note that it is a criminal offence for people who are barred from working in regulated activity to apply for roles that require them to work unsupervised with that particular group (i.e. adults at risk, children or both).
To apply, please email your current CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 18 September 2020.
This vacancy is closed to applications.