Responsible to: Deputy Headteacher
- To develop and deliver programmes and strategies to support learners in disadvantaged groups and with challenging behaviours and SEBD.
- To support children and their families attending the school to overcome barriers to success and increase engagement in education.
- To support individual children and their families address issues to enable them to engage fully and maximise opportunities for personal development and educational achievement.
- To deliver literacy and numeracy programmes which meet the needs of children with gaps in learning.
- To increase rates of attendance for a designated family group and undertake relevant procedures in line with policy.
- To evaluate attendance and lead on the attendance programme to inform actions in liaison with DHT.
- To coordinate transition back into mainstream lessons following targeted bespoke learning programmes
- To cover for absent staff as required
- To maintain good working relationships with all agencies and individuals involved in the delivery of services and the early identification of need.
- To establish effective and empowering relationships with parents/carers.
- To adhere to appropriate confidentiality and information sharing protocols and legislation with regards to sensitive data between families, staff and other relevant agencies.
- To provide information and signpost parents/carers as appropriate.
Teaching and Learning:
- Plan and deliver programmes to pupils in order to raise levels of achievement
- Monitor pupil progress as appropriate and report to relevant professional.
- Provide support for individual pupils and groups of children to enable them to participate fully in activities
- Support disadvantaged pupils and help to develop their personal and social skills through planning and delivering programmes.
- To lead on planning, delivery and monitoring progress of SEBD modification and targeted intervention programmes
For an application pack please contact Suzanne Bye by email at email@example.com .
Closing date: 30th September 2020.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.