The Beech Academy is a dynamic and expanding special school for students aged 11-18 with Moderate Learning Difficulties/Autistic Spectrum Disorder from across the Mansfield and Nottinghamshire area. This role provides an exciting opportunity to work with students with a wide range of special educational needs, to enable them to fulfil their potential and make progress.
You will work with students who have physical, medical, social, emotional and behavioural needs, and other barriers to learning including communication and interaction difficulties. Your role will be varied and will include ensuring full inclusion by supporting students in practical lessons. You should be enthusiastic, highly motivated, flexible, hardworking and have a sense of humour. Experience of working in a special school setting is essential
This post is a superb career opportunity in an Academy that has:
- Been Ofsted rated Good (2017) and has already made strides towards achieving Outstanding.
- Students who are willing and eager to learn with fantastic learning environments.
- A track record of innovation and development.
- A high quality provision for personalised staff CPD and leadership development
As part of the Evolve Trust you will have the opportunity to:
- Benefit from CPD through Trust academies as well as opportunities to work with colleagues from primary and mainstream backgrounds.
- Work in an environment where staff can trial new educational innovations and share best practice.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the DBS.
Visits to the school are welcomed, as are phone calls with the Head of School, Neil Davies. For further information or to arrange a call/visit, please contact the Academy on 01623 626008.
If you are interested in joining us, seek an exciting challenge and want to ‘make a difference’ please visit our website at www.beech.evolvetrust.org to find out more.
Closing Date: 12 noon 18th September 2020
This vacancy is closed to applications.