Deputy Head Teacher
Required from January 2021.
Due to the promotion of the previous Deputy, the Governing Body of St John the Baptist CofE Primary School are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, ambitious and inspirational leader to be the Deputy Headteacher of our happy and friendly church school. We are looking for a teacher of outstanding ability who would welcome the opportunity to become an equally outstanding senior leader.
Benefits of being a Deputy at St Johns include:
- Being part of a positive, forward thinking team who strive to improve
- An opportunity to take a lead and further develop the school vision of ‘life in all its fullness’
- Welcoming children who want to please
- Being part of a school that takes mental health and wellbeing seriously
- A real chance to make an impact in further developing our existing Christian character values.
- Being part of a leadership team that strives to help staff and children achieve their potential
- Weekly designated leadership time, outside of the classroom (approx. 2 days)
Requirements of the post include:
- A commitment to contribute and further develop the Christian distinctiveness of our school
- An opportunity to teach across the entire primary phase, really getting to know our children and their families
- An interest in looking for new ways to think outside the box
- Curriculum responsibility for Christian character development and assessment
- Empathy with children and their families
- An ‘I can’ attitude and positive mentality
If you want to work hard, help us to maintain and build on our high standards and make a difference to the life and experience of our children, please contact the Headteacher to discuss. If you feel that you have the capability and ambition to be an outstanding Deputy, then please do not hesitate to find out more.
Closing Date: 10 am on Thursday 1st October.
Interview Date: Thursday 15th October 2020.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.