Specialist Intervention Casework – Behaviour
George Spencer Academy places a strong ethos on inclusion and the emotional, social and behavioural support it provides its students. We are seeking to appoint a Specialist Intervention Caseworker for Behaviour to join our growing Well Being team at our inclusive on-site Alternative Provision centre.
In line with our ‘Ethos of Excellence’ we are looking for a dynamic, innovative, and inspirational individual that puts the child at the centre of their work. The successful candidate will have the experience, knowledge and understanding to build positive and influential relationships with our disaffected and vulnerable young people enabling them to fulfil their potential.
We are looking for someone who:
- has experience of working with young people
- is motivated and passionate to achieve the very best for children requiring support and to make a genuine difference
- can deliver intervention programmes that enable vulnerable and disadvantaged children to fulfil their potential
- has experience of safeguarding and child protection
- is well organised, proactive and able to manage a case load of students
- is ready to learn themselves and grow with us.
Spencer Academies Trust is an educational charity and academy sponsor, which is committed to ensuring that every child, regardless of background, has access to an outstanding education and real choices in life. We have a successful track record of providing high quality teaching and learning which ensures improved outcomes for children and young people. The Trust mission statement reflects our vision and aim for all Trust schools. Our highly-successful network of 20 schools (8 Secondary and 11 Primary and 1 Special) educates students across Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Nottingham City, Derby City and Leicestershire.
Spencer Academies Trust is an exceptional Trust, which provides an outstanding education for local children. Our Trust is a model of national excellence. We work collaboratively to achieve the best possible outcomes for all young people, in an environment where partnership is valued and success is celebrated. Our education delivers real life experiences for students, promotes independent enquiry and stimulates intellectual curiosity; whilst developing a strong sense of individual responsibility and a personal belief and confidence. All of our students fulfil their potential and make unparalleled progress. They are fully prepared for the next phase of their education and have unrivalled opportunities to become future leaders.
- All children have a right to a quality education regardless of background or ability, and have an entitlement to the opportunity of a secure progression route in their learning and development.
- Schools are stronger when they work in collaboration with each other, operate within a ‘family’ and are open to a true sense of partnership.
- We grow the effectiveness and sustainability of our schools by developing the people within them, and that through shared and equitable responsibility for quality and outcomes; we achieve more.
Applicants would be expected to share the Trust’s high aspirations and expectations for pupils and staff and have demonstrable evidence of driving teaching and learning outcomes in the secondary phase.
If you would like to discuss the role, or have any queries, please contact Jonathan Dakers (firstname.lastname@example.org)
In line with safer recruitment policies references will be called for prior to interview. Spencer Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and all posts are subject to enhanced DBS with children’s barred list checks and completion of Level 2 safeguarding training.
Applications for this post must be submitted on our online application form, which can be found at http://www.satrust.com/vacancies
Closing Date: Monday 28 September 2020.
Interview Date: Monday 5 October 2020.