Our current Family SENCO leaves us at Christmas to take up a new role with the LA so we are looking for a new Family SENCO. We would like someone in post as soon as is possible in the New Year, but we will wait until 1st April for the right candidate.
This post would be suitable for a current SENCO in school, someone with experience of working with, and understanding children with a range of special educational needs.
This post offers an exciting opportunity to contribute significantly to the development of special needs provision in the Holgate family of schools, Hucknall, Nottinghamshire.
Alongside your sense of humour, excellent communication skills and balanced approach to life, you must have:
- The ability to successfully lead and manage, with vision, SEND provision across the Holgate family of schools.
- An informed understanding of key issues in education with particular reference to learning difficulties and disabilities across all key stages.
- The ability to create, with high level personal skills and experience, effective partnerships and multi-agency working.
- Innovative and cutting-edge approaches in order to transform and lead SEND provision which is fit for the 21st century to challenge and inspire.
The Main Duties are:
- To ensure funding decisions for children with significant SEND are fair, agreed and transparent.
- To manage the Family AFN budget and HLN process.
- To chair Family Springboard meetings.
- To keep up to date and disseminate new initiatives and good practice.
- Liaise with Head teachers, attending Family Heads’ meetings when required.
- To liaise with all school SENCOs within the family.
- To identify training needs of staff.
- Represent the family on the SBAP.
For an informal discussion or further information about this post please contact Melinda Amos (Head Teacher, Butlers Hill Infants) on 0115 9525904.
For an application pack please email Melinda Amos, Head Teacher at Butlers Hill Infant School email@example.com
Closing Date - 10am, 22 November 2019
Interview Date – Monday 2 December 2019
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.