We are looking for a dedicated, proactive and hardworking Site Manager to become part of our wonderful team at All Hallows.
The role holder will be responsible for the supervision and provision of maintenance, security and cleanliness of the school buildings and grounds. This is a key role within the school that would suit someone with excellent communication and DIY skills.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a positive, approachable and friendly manner.
- Be a nominated key holder and the first point of contact in an emergency/out of school hours.
- Open and close the school on a daily basis.
- Have a background in, or experience of building management/maintenance.
- Have an understanding of, and an ability to apply Health and Safety regulations across the site.
- Be Fire Safety Officer for the school.
- Ensure all statutory compliance reports/checks, log books, ertificates and documentation are up to date and that systems are inspected regularly.
- Be responsible for arranging, liaising with, and monitoring contractors on site.
- Have a basic understanding of heating, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Identify any repairs or maintenance work required at the school.
- Demonstrate a practical knowledge of DIY skills including, but not limited to: decorating, assembling furniture, minor plumbing repairs, installing shelves, replacing light bulbs, cleaning gutters.
- Ensure the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained at all times.
- Carry out appropriate risk assessments and liaise with LA teams.
We can offer:
- A warm and welcoming, forward thinking school;
- A dedicated, enthusiastic and supportive staff team
- Training in all areas related to facilities and building services
- Wonderful children and supportive parents/carers.
Hours of Work: 37 hours a week (ideally split shifts during term time). Holidays are to be taken of outside of school terms. During the school holidays, the pattern of working hours may vary.
The Post is subject to a six month probationary period.
Visits to the school are welcomed please call the school office on 0115 956 8277 to make an appointment.
Please request an application from email@example.com
Closing date for applications is: Friday 22nd November 2019 at 12:00
Interviews will be held on: Monday 2 December 2019
Candidates must note that we are committed to safer recruitment and they must be able to provide proof of identity and the right to work in the UK on the day of interview. The successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS check prior to appointment.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.