School Administration Assistant
We are looking to appoint a suitably experienced school administration assistant, the post to commence from August 27th 2019.
The ideal candidate will support members of the school community with a range of administrative duties including:
- The ongoing update and maintenance of the school website content including uploading news events
- Arranging events in school and supporting them on the day/evening, these to include, school photos, vaccinations, celebration evening, year 5/6 open evening, progress evenings
- Inputting school cover requirements and deploying the cover team to support lessons in the teacher’s absence on a daily basis
- Supporting the school finance lead in day to day finance administration including support with school fund, general banking, keying of school orders
- Completing the administration in relation to monthly OT and absence reporting
- Completion of paperwork relating to pupil exclusions
- Help to maintain the school governance records, supporting Governors with governor exclusion meetings.
The role requires that the candidate has:
- A good, friendly telephone and reception manner
- An ability to use basic computing systems i.e. word, excel, SIMs (with training)
- A Strong work ethic
- A friendly and welcoming manner
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
About Meden School
At Meden School we like to think of our community of students, staff, parents, governors and local business leaders as a family. We seek to provide a setting where students can grow academically and thrive as individuals.
Our staff are warm and caring and committed to helping every child reach their potential. Put simply, we believe that every child can succeed and it is our job to ensure this.
Our priorities are excellent examination outcomes, impeccable behaviour, great teaching and the widest possible range of extra-curricular experiences for all students. Together these things deliver what I think most parents want — happy children who leave school well-equipped to cope with the world outside and with a range of options open to them.
Our pastoral care system provides every child with a support network that will be there to encourage and nurture their talents every step of the way.
About the Nova Education Trust
The Nova Education Trust is a dynamic and growing Multi Academy Trust Group based in the East Midlands. Our Trust Group is committed to providing high quality education to all of our students, regardless of their backgrounds.
With a range of schools in the trust serving a variety of different communities, opportunities for career progression and wider professional experiences are extensive. We have outstanding CPD provision across our schools, supported by our Teaching School Alliance, which links 23 schools together, sharing effective practice and developing new models for staff development. We also have a unique programme designed to provide middle and senior leaders with all the skills required to develop their careers.
As an employer we offer an enhanced benefit package to all staff that includes help with healthcare and a fully-funded MA programme for all teaching staff. We can also offer help with relocation in certain circumstances. The Trust also has a policy of wider engagement for main-scale, middle and senior staff. In recent years, employees have visited schools in America, Canada, Finland, Singapore and South Africa as part of their professional development.
To apply for this role please visit the vacancies section of the school website, www.medenschool.co.uk and complete an online application form.
Closing date: 15 July 2019
This vacancy is closed to applications.