School Business Manager
Birklands Primary School is looking to appoint its next highly-valued, enthusiastic, committed and dynamic School Business Manager as part of our permanent team. With a committed and friendly staff team, this position offers a rare and exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Business Manager to continue developing their skills in a critical senior position. You will be responsible for maintaining the school budget, absence monitoring, personnel records, Health and Safety, single central record and submission of relevant data requested by the Nova Education Trust and relevant outside agencies.
Full time - Term Time only plus 2 weeks.
We are looking for someone who:
- believes in our school motto: “Work hard – Be kind” – for staff and pupils alike
- has experience of a busy multifaceted office environment
- has knowledge of financial management systems and relevant processes and procedures
- has knowledge of health and safety and data protection expectations
- has the ability to both lead and work alongside a part time office administrator
- has a need to continue their own learning and development
- has a professional approach, lots of common sense and a personable character!
- has a positive and professional approach when dealing with parents and wider stakeholders
The School Business Manager we appoint can expect:
- an induction package and ongoing support from the Nova Education Trust’s Central Services Team
- a commitment to their continuing professional development
- a fast-paced and interesting workload
- high regard as a key post holder in the successful operation of the school
Visits to our school are encouraged and warmly welcomed by appointment with the school office.
Applications close at 9am on Wednesday 4th September 2019. Interviews will be held on either Friday 6th or Monday 9th September
Birklands Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and all staff and volunteers are expected to share in this commitment. All posts in Nova Education Trust schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in Nova Education Trust schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement. The Trust welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.
To apply for this role please visit the vacancies section of the Trust website, http://www.novaeducationtrust.net and complete an online application form. Visits are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting the school office on 01623 842163.
The Nova Education Trust is committed to promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The Nova Education Trust welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation. An enhanced DBS is required for this post
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.