Part-Time Foster Carers (Support Carer for sibling group of four)
Department - Children, Families and Cultural Services
We are looking to recruit part-time foster carers who could provide regular support care for a sibling group of four boys aged between 2 and 7 years.
The boys have been with their foster carers for two years and have really started to flourish. They thrive on consistent parenting and firm, clear boundaries.
We’d like to be able to give their carers regular, six-weekly support care over a weekend to maintain this stable and happy placement plus some holiday dates and are therefore looking for carers who can commit to this regular arrangement. The four boys can share a bedroom, provided it is large enough, or alternatively, two double bedrooms.
Our preference is for a couple who have experience of caring for or working with children, who have the time and space to care for four active boys and who could help with transport, to and from their main placement in the west of the county. In return, we will provide pre and post approval training and introductions before the boys stay over. The fostering allowances will be paid pro rata for the number of days placed with the support carers (e.g. Fri evening to Sunday evening would count as three days) plus a large transport allowance.
Support care is known to be essential in maintaining strong long-term foster placements. This link is specifically for these children. Further support care links will be explored if the successful applicants are interested.
Carers will be approved after successfully completing NCC’s fostering assessment and pre-approval training and must:
- have one very large or two spare double rooms
- be committed to ongoing and regular training and development
- be excellent communicators, working closely with a range of other professionals and organisations
- be excellent relationship-builders with young people
- be resilient and able to ‘go the extra mile’ in maintaining placements in adverse circumstances.
The following is desirable:
- experience of working with young people (e.g. teaching, nursery nurse, teaching assistant, youth work, social care, midwifery) or as an experienced foster carer
- a relevant qualification (e.g. NVQ in child care, degree in social work or youth work or teaching)
Foster carers are required to complete an annual self-assessment form and are responsible for their own Income Tax and National Insurance. Ongoing training and support will be provided.
For further information please contact the fostering recruitment team on 0115 804 4440 or email email@example.com. You can also visit www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/fostering to download or request an information pack and request a call back.
(If completing the online form, please indicate in the comments box that it is the Support Care Vacancy that you are enquiring about).
Closing Date : 30th May 2019
This vacancy is closed to applications.