We are looking for a Head teacher who shares our values and ambitions and who has the vision, drive, resilience and experience to deliver outstanding learning experiences for all children. The successful candidate will need to be outward facing to establish a strong relationship with parents and the local community and have the ability to share and learn from best practice whilst knowing how to exploit the partnership opportunities we have within the Multi Academy Trust and Teaching School.
We are proud of Brooklands and of our thriving school community. Our shared vision for our school compliments our values and ensures we are all focused on making Brooklands a place where everyone ‘shines’.
Brooklands Primary School:
- At the heart of our community, locally, nationally and globally.
- A safe, secure and nurturing environment
- A place of respect where all people, cultures and beliefs are valued equally.
- Proud of our local heritage and the community we serve.
- Expectations for positive behaviour and levels of achievement and progress are high.
- Teaching and learning is innovative and creative; there is an expectation of lifelong learning for everyone so that there is constant development in order to achieve high standards and success.
- Preparing our children to become effective and independent citizens, aware of their part in today’s and tomorrow’s society.
Through the Flying High Trust, any Headteacher joining the school will be given all the tools to ensure that you succeed. You will be provided with extensive support through an allocated Director of Quality Assurance and School Improvement, you will join a team of supportive, caring and ambitious Headteachers, have access to high quality CPD; including extensive induction for new Headteachers, and have access to a huge array of expertise through our central team in school improvement, business, finance, estates and HR.
We are looking for a leader with:
- A proven record of leadership delivering the highest outcomes and standards;
- The necessary leadership skills to ensure the school continues its significant improvement journey;
- The ability to drive a vision to realise the school’s potential;
- A commitment to working in partnership between schools, parents and the community;
- The ability to communicate effectively with all members of the school community;
- The ability to motivate and inspire others and to work as a part of a wider support team (The Flying High Trust);
- A heartfelt commitment to delivering the vision and values of our school to ensure our children look back with pride and forward with confidence.
In return we can offer:
- Children with a thirst for learning;
- A passionate, positive, highly skilled and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heart of every decision;
- Allocated support through a Director of Quality Assurance and School Improvement and Lead Practitioners to support you in developing an exceptional school;
- A comprehensive Headteacher induction process, including support through the Trust central team, a peer mentor and ongoing CPD;
- Access to a significant resource for school improvement including support and development through our central team, access to system leaders, high quality CPD for all staff and support to recruit the very best team;
- Extensive financial, business, estates and HR support and systems, ensuring that you are able to focus on delivering inspirational teaching and learning;
- A peer network of like-minded Headteachers;
- A partnership with relationships at its heart ensuring a friendly atmosphere encompassing a supportive ethos;
- A trust with an established track record of high quality education and experience of leading rapid school improvement;
- A supportive governing body committed to helping drive the school forward to support all children and the community we serve;
- Recognition that all schools are unique, with an approach that encourages local accountability and governance that is responsive to community needs;
The successful candidate will have an enhanced DBS disclosure
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applicants. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Please access an application pack and application form at https://www.flyinghighpartnership.co.uk/flying-high-trust/trust-vacancies
Closing date: 5pm on the 5th September 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 9th September 2019