Reception/Year 1 Teaching Assistant
Victoria Primary School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Teaching Assistant to join our professional team in Reception and Year 1. First-time visitors to Victoria Primary School are always surprised: we are a culturally diverse inner-city estate school where our team’s high expectations are evident and our pupils are obviously eager to please. With a committed and friendly staff team, this position offers a rare and exciting opportunity for a highly motivated teaching assistant to be part of our school community.
We are looking for someone who:
- Believes in our school motto: “Work hard – Be kind” – for adults AND pupils
- Has a proven track record of, or the potential to develop, consistently great practice with young learners
- Has a truly child-centred approach that engenders trust from children
- Can naturally and confidently steer children’s learning towards great achievement
- Has a need to continue their own learning and development
The teaching assistant we appoint can expect to:
- Be an equal member of a forward thinking staff team
- Work with outgoing and friendly children
- Engage with ongoing development and support through Nova Education Trust and the Torch Teaching School Alliance.
- Be part of a national best practice research project into Year 1 Reading Interventions
Visits to our school are encouraged and warmly welcomed by appointment.
Victoria Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and all staff and volunteers are expected to share in this commitment. All posts in Nova Education Trust schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement. The Trust welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.
Application information and further details can be found the attached job pack.
Closing date: 12/06/2019 at 12pm
This vacancy is closed to applications.