Number on roll: 96.
St John’s is a small, friendly and caring school, located on the border of Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire, in the town of Stapleford. Our Ofsted inspection (Nov 2015) was graded ‘Good’, and our subsequent SIAMS inspection outcome was ‘Outstanding’. The school’s Christian character is celebrated and embraced by all stakeholders. The relationship between our staff and the children is valued greatly by our families and the school community as a whole.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed teacher, who believes in the potential of all children and is passionate about developing the whole child, to teach our lower KS2 class (mixed years 3&4). The successful candidate will be able to support the Christian ethos of the school in all areas of their work.
This post has become available due to the promotion of the current teacher, which opens up the opportunity for you to teach in a unique environment and help play a significant role in the future development of the school. Each of our teachers represents 25% of the teaching staff and so there is always the potential for an ambitious candidate to develop their leadership aspirations, alongside excellent classroom practice.
To start in September 2019, this post would be suitable for NQTs as well as more experienced professionals.
At St John’s we have:
- A school with high expectations and a commitment to improvement
- A motivated team with a clear vision for the future
- A commitment to providing exciting and memorable experiences for all of our children; after all learning should be fun, shouldn’t it?
- Well behaved, inquisitive and enthusiastic children
- Supportive parents and governors
We are looking for someone with:
- Excellent classroom practice and high expectations of children’s behaviour and learning outcomes
- The ability to make learning both interesting and challenging
- The ability to build positive relationships with staff, parents and children
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A flexible approach to working
- A thirst to constantly learn and improve their practice
- Ambitions to develop as a leader
- An excellent work ethic, both as part of a team and as an individual.
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office on 0115 9177111 to make an appointment.
Application packs are available on the school website (www.st-johns.notts.sch.uk), in the About Us section; alternatively, or to discuss this opportunity further, please contact the school. Please email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the post.
Closing date: Thursday 13 June, at 12 noon. Interviews: Tuesday 18th June 2019
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.