Senior Reablement worker
Multiple posts are available
The Short Term Assessment and Reablement Teams support people over the age of 18 in their own homes for a few days up to a few weeks. We provide a person centred approach to assist people to regain independence, increase confidence and learn new skills in all aspects of personal care and daily living.
The service is provided 365 days a year from 7am to 10pm and operates on a 4 days on/4 days off rolling shift pattern. This includes regular weekend, days, evenings, Bank Holiday and split shift working patterns, depending on contracted hours to meet the needs of the business.
If you’d like to find out more about the role, join our online information event on Tuesday 14th February at 2pm:
We are looking to recruit full and part time workers to work a variety of shifts between 7 am and 10 pm. Hours are negotiable with morning and evening work available. We offer regular structured hours to support a better work life balance.
We are seeking dynamic individuals with a passion for both providing care and helping people to live as independently as possible.
The role is both demanding and exciting and you will be responsible for visiting people in their own homes to introduce the service and plan support that is based on a person’s abilities and what they do well. This will also include ensuring safe levels of health and safety and taking into consideration any issues that stop a person becoming independent should they be unable to make their own decisions. Once fully trained, SRW’s are rostered to provide out of hours on call support for our workers.
You will help people to regain independence using a reablement approach so they can undertake tasks such as personal care, meal preparation and taking medication through support that is dignified, respectful and places that person at the centre of your care.
Do your values match our ours? We think it is important to:
- Promote the principles that give people choice and control in what they want to do
- Take a personalised approach to supporting people
- Provide care and support with dignity and respect
- Take pride in the quality of the work we do
We will offer you:
- Excellent rates of pay.
- Enhancements at weekends (time and a half), Bank Holidays (double time), evening work after 8pm (time and a third), plus a split shift allowance (£10.37 per month).
- Rates of pay are for contracted hours and not dependent on number of calls completed, meaning travel time and downtime between calls is paid.
- Excellent conditions of employment including holiday pay and pension scheme.
- Uniform and PPE provided.
- A structured induction training program leading to a diploma in health and Social Care at level 3 with encouragement to develop your career further.
- A supporting and enabling management structure.
If you share our values, we would love to hear from you!
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is a fundamental aspect of infection prevention and control with the Council’s commitment to ensuring a supply of PPE to our critical, priority employees to protect employees continue to safely provide support to people.
Applicants require a full driving licence and access to a car to undertake home visits with the Council providing reimbursement for mileage incurred for business use purposes.
Disabled applicants who meet the essential shortlisting requirements will be guaranteed an interview. A job share scheme is available for all full-time posts: both permanent and temporary, unless otherwise stated. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks.
Nottinghamshire County Council strives to ensure that it goes beyond the requirements of the Equalities Act and prides itself on being accredited as a Disability Confident Leader Organisation.
Therefore, the County Council encourages applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, religion, belief, pregnancy and maternity status, age or sexual orientation.