School Business Manager
The Welbeck Federation consists of Netherfield Infant School and Nursery, and Eastlands Junior School. The School Business Manager will work across both schools.
We are seeking to appoint a School Business Manager to ideally take up post from Monday April 17th, 2023. There will be a planned induction to this post. The successful candidate will join a caring school community with high expectations for all, and a supportive senior leadership team who work collaboratively for the good of the pupils, parents and staff.
The successful candidate will have proven experience and the ability to plan, develop and deliver services along with demonstrating sound financial planning and budgetary control. They will work alongside the Co-Executive Head Teachers and Head of Schools to ensure compliance of each school’s finances, including budget planning and monitoring to ensure best value.
In this role you will need to be able to provide leadership, along with professional support and advice. The SBM promotes the highest standards of business ethos within the administrative function of the schools, and strategically ensures the most effective use of resources in support of the Federation’s identified priorities. We are looking for a SBM whose background and experience would enable them to fulfill this busy and diverse role.
The successful candidate will have integrity and will be highly capable, proactive, organised and enthusiastic. The postholder will be required to have excellent interpersonal skills, be able to work independently and as part of a friendly team.
We hope to find an individual who will embrace our Federation’s vision and values, and contribute to the wider life of school.
We can offer you:
• A happy school with a great team of staff.
• A passionate and enthusiastic team to work alongside.
• Happy pupils who love to learn.
• A Governing Body that is experienced, proactive and supportive.
• Supportive parents
• Appropriate CPD
We are looking for someone with:
• Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
• The ability to manage teams effectively.
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills and a good working knowledge of IT systems and procedures.
• Knowledge of Scholarpack and FMS programs.
A Certificate in School Business Management or relevant qualification in business or finance is desirable.
Working hours will be daily during term-time, with an additional two weeks to be worked flexibly during school holidays throughout the year, as required by the role.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please email email@example.com to make arrangements and request a job pack or telephone the school office on 01623 842683.
Disabled applicants who meet the essential shortlisting requirements will be guaranteed an interview. A job share scheme is available for all full-time posts: both permanent and temporary, unless otherwise stated. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council encourages applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, religion, belief, pregnancy and maternity status, age or sexual orientation. for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.