Nursery TA G2
Haddon Primary and Nursery School are looking to appoint a dedicated and dynamic Nursery Teaching Assistant to provide high quality, supportive and nurturing provision for our Nursery children. The core purpose of the role will be to assist a specific children within the class. The role will involve working alongside other staff and professionals to help develop the children’s independence while supporting them to reach their full potential both academically and socially as well as supporting their day to day personal care needs. You would be joining an exceptional and supportive team of professionals, who are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and our mission to support all of our Haddoners to DREAM BIG and AIM HIGH. Each of our individual roles has an impact on the future of our children and so, we put them at the heart of the decisions we make and the services we provide.
Haddon Primary and Nursery School is a one-form entry school situated in Carlton, Nottinghamshire. There are currently 212 children on roll and in addition to this we have a 26 place Nursery. We pride ourselves on our welcoming atmosphere, nurturing ethos and we value everyone. We encourage creativity and innovation, and we ensure all ideas are valued. Working as part of a supportive team with a sense of community spirit ensures our children receive the best possible education. This is encapsulated in our DREAM values of Determination, Respect, Enjoyment, Achievement and Making Memories.
Haddon Primary and Nursery School, is part of The Flying High Partnership which consists of two distinct parts: Flying High Trust and Flying High Futures. Flying High Trust is a Multi Academy Trust of 30 primary schools across Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and Nottingham City. Our Flying High family work hard to deliver the best possible opportunities to our children. Through this partnership we are proud of our achievements and are recognised as one of the highest performing Multi Academy Trusts (MAT) in the country. Flying High Futures provides professional learning internally for staff across the Trust, and externally through Department for Education national programmes. Forming part of Flying High Futures is the Flying High Teaching School Hub, Flying High English Hub, and the Flying High cohort of Inspiring Leaders teacher training.
We can offer you:
• A fantastic working environment, in a team that works together for the benefit of children in our school
• Support to develop you within this role, to be the best you can be, and to help you develop for your next career step
• Well behaved, happy, children
• A supportive staff team
• A welcoming and inclusive school
• Extensive outside area
• An opportunity to be part of a supportive, developmental partnership
• The opportunity for quality Continuous Professional Learning
• A varied job where no day is the same!
• An organisation committed to supporting and enabling all staff
We are looking for someone who:
• Is passionate about educating our youngest children
• Is interested in education and impacting on the lives of children.
• Is creative, relentlessly positive and a good team player
• Is determined to make every day count
• Has excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
• Can work effectively with and without direction.
• Enthusiasm, energy, integrity, and professionalism.
• Has an eye for detail.
• Is willing to roll up their sleeves up and get stuck in.
Your core duties will be:
• Working with a team to deliver high quality provision for our Nursery children
• Prepare the classroom for the next day’s learning
• Supervise and support the children during lunchtime and the afternoon nursery session
• Carry out observations of the children and use these to work with the team to inform planning for their next steps
• Supporting the children’s physical and emotional well-being
• Supporting and nurturing the children to become the best versions of themselves and ready for the next stage of their education
Further information and an application form can be downloaded below.
Closing date: 22/02/2023 9am