Playworker – Extended School
Headteacher: Mr Karl Clowery. Roll: Growing to 210. Post required from 30th August 2019.
Do you want to be part of something amazing?
Our brand-new school, Hucknall Flying High Academy, has an exciting opportunity for a playworker in our after school club.
Have you got talent? If so come and share it at Hucknall Flying High Academy…
Why work at Hucknall Flying High Academy? Our brand-new school will be about every member of this community working together to achieve their full potential in all areas of life. With friendly and welcoming individuals, we will collaborate to make real contributions that will benefit our children and their families every day.
Each of our individual roles will have an impact on the future of many – developing and inspiring the future leaders, entrepreneurs and the innovators of tomorrow. We will strive to deliver learning experiences to engage and instill a curiosity to find out more. Our goal is to develop individuals who ask why, therefore becoming life-long learners and visionaries, with aspirations ready for the challenges of the future in an ever-changing world.
As an important member of the team you will work alongside the Extended School Manager, supporting children to have fun during meaningful play. You will help create a rich and stimulating environment that caters for a wide range of needs while promoting children to become more independent and encouraging them to develop social skills. Additionally, you will help provide a healthy breakfast and snack so will therefore have a good understanding of food hygiene. On a daily basis you will be required to assist in keeping the setting tidy and inviting at all times.
As the successful candidate you will be nurturing and approachable, showing initiative with children. You will play a full and important role in the running of the breakfast and after school club including delivering activities, assessing the children’s needs and enabling them to choose appropriate resources.
We are looking for someone with experience of working with children, ideally in a school or nursery setting. You will be passionate about supporting the needs of every child, with the expectation that every child can and will succeed.
We can offer you:
- Access to high quality CPD
- Working in a supportive partnership within and beyond your school, driven by a moral purpose underpinned by our core ethos and values.
- Working within a developmental, not judgemental, school and partnership.
- Recognition and rewards: celebrating the achievements of all.
- An organisation committed to supporting and enabling the wellbeing of all staff.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate to work with young children.
- Is self-motivated
- Has experience working with children in a school or alternative setting.
- Is able to use initiative and communicate to colleagues politely and professionally.
- Has strong interpersonal and organisational skills and is a true team player.
- Is always looking to make improvements.
- Sets high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge children.
- Promotes good progress and outcomes for children.
- Is able to adapt activities to respond to the strengths and needs of all children.
- Manages behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment.
- Will play an active part in the wider life of our school.
- Has a sense of humour!
- The successful candidate will have an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. For further information about our brand-new school please visit - www.hucknallfha.co.uk. For any further information - email@example.com, or call the Hucknall Flying High Office on 07399 535336.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applicants. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. For further information about the amazing benefits of being a part of the Flying High Partnership please visit www.flyinghighpartnership.co.uk
If you are keen to be part of our very special team, please complete an application form which is available on the website www.hucknallfha.co.uk under the vacancies section.
Closing date: 5.00pm on Friday 19th July 2019. Interviews: Thursday 25th July 2019
This vacancy is closed to applications.