Risk Advisor and Senior Claims Handler
Nottinghamshire County Council is seeking an experienced Risk Advisor and Senior Claims Handler to join our Risk and Insurance team. You will:
- Provide advice on operational risk management across the Council with a view to mitigating the Council’s exposure to claim costs.
- Handle liability claims (including disease and abuse) in accordance with the relevant set of Civil Procedure Rules, internal processes and performance indicators, including making decisions on liability, assessing quantum and negotiating settlement.
- Ensure property and motor claims are correctly handled in line with policy conditions and relevant legislation, including making decisions on liability, assessing quantum, negotiating settlement and bringing the claim to conclusion in a proactive manner.
You will have:
- Extensive knowledge of operational risk management and the principles of insurance.
- Extensive experience of handling liability, property and motor claims.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant case law and legislation including Health and Safety, the Civil Procedure Rules and Data Protection.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Claire Dyson on Tel: 0115 977 5773 or email email@example.com
Disabled applicants who meet the essential shortlisting requirements will be guaranteed an interview. A job share scheme is available for all full time posts: both permanent and temporary, unless otherwise stated. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks.
The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.