Children's Disability Service is an all-statutory Tier 4 Countywide fieldwork team that works with children and young people for the duration of their time with social care, and encompasses all areas of social work activity from assessment through to permanence– requiring a broad skill-base. This role will involve you in working with some of the most vulnerable young people in Nottinghamshire and will enhance your skills, both in terms of communication, and identifying how to protect our most vulnerable young people. Additionally, you will get the opportunity to work closely alongside disability support services in delivering packages of support. The service benefits from its own assessment team and 2 longer term teams – one covering the North of the county and one covering the South.
As a team we offer:
• Manageable caseloads
• Regular and effective supervision
• Mobile working and improved work/life balance
• Good levels of business and admin support
• Internal transfer scheme between teams
• A comprehensive range of CPD options, including links to local Universities
• Practice Consultants based in every social work team
• Leadership Development & Aspirant Managers Programme
• Potential to earn an extra £9,000 over 3 years when you join the Children’s Disability Service
• Up to £5,000 relocation package
•Excellent employee benefits
This investment in our workforce means that we are able to provide a quality, consistent, and professional service to communities in Nottinghamshire, with good outcomes being achieved for our children and young people.
So if you’d like to be part of our future workforce, and build your career with us, we’d like to hear from you!
Disabled applicants who meet the essential shortlisting requirements will be guaranteed an interview. A job share scheme is available for all full time posts: both permanent and temporary, unless otherwise stated. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks.
The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.