Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages
NOR 1600, inc. 400 in the Sixth Form
Age Range 7-18
Starting as soon as possible
An opportunity to teach at an outstanding National Teaching School housed in contemporary accommodation and located in the beautiful cathedral town of Southwell.
The Governors wish to appoint an enthusiastic, ambitious and creative teacher of Modern Foreign Languages. The successful candidate would be expected to teach French and Spanish to KS3. They will join a very successful department, with an expectation to strive for excellence at every opportunity, commit to sharing practice with others but also to expect the highest quality of support, excellent benefits and personal professional development. Applications from NQTs are welcomed.
The successful candidate will:
- be an excellent classroom teacher of Modern Languages, able to teach both French and Spanish at Key Stage 3 level to students of all abilities;
- have a graduate qualification in a Modern Language;
- be passionate about Modern Languages and be able to inspire a similar enthusiasm in our students;
- be committed to raising the attainment of all students;
- demonstrate excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- be committed to supporting and contributing to our school ethos of Succeeding Together and the values of Wisdom, Optimism, Resilience, Kindness and Service.
Applicants should submit an application form with a letter of application outlining their suitability for the post, philosophy of education and any relevant experience to the attention of the Head Teacher. A CV is not required.
An application form and information pack are available to download from the Minster Trust for Education website: https://www.minster.notts.sch.uk/. For further information please contact email: HR@mitretrust.org.uk .
Closing date: midday on Monday 2nd November 2020.
Interviews: Thursday 5th November 2020.
The Minster School is committed to safeguarding children and the promotion of equal opportunities for staff and students. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check via the DBS.