Start date: April 2020
Look no further – it ain’t what you do it’s the way that you do it!
Abbey Gates Primary School are looking for a self-motivated, reliable, proactive and organised Site Manager to fulfil this key role associated with the smooth running, safety and security of the school.
Do you enjoy DIY? Have you got an eye for detail? Do you have the skills to turn your hand to any problem? Have you got a ‘can-do’ approach and outlook? We are looking for someone who is keen to get “stuck in” to all aspects of Abbey Gates life!
About the role:
The successful candidate will report to the School Business Manager and be required to work year-round, 37 hours a week, on a split shift Monday - Friday between the hours of 6:30am – 10am and 2:30pm – 6:30pm. Hours would need to be flexible at times to allow for occasional after school events. Annual leave should be taken in school holiday periods. The position involves cleaning of the building, along with completing and reporting compliance and safety checks and routine maintenance and security of the school.
We are happy to support someone new to the role although appropriate experience will be a significant advantage.
The successful candidate will have:
- The motivation and dedication to ensure that the school building and site is appropriately maintained and cleaned to support the day-to-day running of the school
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety legislation
- Sufficient experience in DIY skills to enable them to undertake a range of first-line repairs and maintenance issues across the school
- Good organisational skills to enable them to manage their time well
- Flexibility in approach to deal with the daily challenges school environments can bring
- A ‘can-do’ approach to all aspects of school life
- A willingness to undertake professional development and grow their skills
- Excellent communication skills and a good sense of humour
In return we can offer:
- A commitment to you and your professional development
- A friendly, supportive, enthusiastic and hardworking environment
- Encouragement to develop new ideas and the opportunity to make a real difference
- The option to rent an on-site bungalow from Notts County Council (more details upon request)
For further information about the role or to arrange a visit, please contact Anna Evans (School Business Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone 01623 461010 or visit the school website: abbeygatesprimaryschool.co.uk
How to apply:
We would love to hear from you - visits are warmly welcomed - this is no ordinary school! To find out more - check out our website and contact us to arrange a visit.
Dates/Times for Visits:
- Tuesday 11th February, all day
- Wednesday 12th February, between 1pm and 3pm
- Thursday 13th February, after 2:30pm
- Monday 24th February, between 9am and 10am or between 3:30pm and 6:30pm
- Tuesday 25th February, between 2:30pm and 6:30pm
Closing Date: Midday, Wednesday 26th February 2020
Interviews: Monday 2nd March
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.