Primary Class Teacher
A rare and fantastic opportunity for a permanent teacher, required from September 2020, has arisen in our school. Our wonderful staff team enjoy a happy, stable and supportive environment, so this is the first time we have advertised for a permanent teacher in many years.
The year group you will be teaching is flexible to meet the skills of each individual candidate, whether that be EYFS, KS1 or KS2.
This vacancy is the result of two teachers reducing their hours following their respective periods of maternity leave.
MPS Pay range – depending on the candidate’s experience and skill set.
Are you an excellent classroom practitioner, who is dedicated to improving the life chances of children?
We are looking for a classroom teacher to join our happy and committed team to help nurture the belief in our children that they can genuinely achieve anything they put their minds to.
We passionately believe that all children, whatever their individual circumstances, should feel secure, included, valued and challenged in all aspects of school life by being at the centre of every action and decision we make. We strive to enable our children to leave St. Edmund’s as skilled and well-rounded individuals, successfully prepared to take on the challenge of secondary school and adulthood.
Is this a vision that you share? If so, we are looking for someone who:
- has the ability to make learning fun and engaging whilst ensuring all children are appropriately challenged.
- genuinely enjoys working with children and puts the children’s well-being before anything else.
- approaches teaching with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- has high expectations of all children’s achievement and behaviour.
- has the ability to lead and inspire children and staff.
- has ideas and energy.
- sincerely values every member of the school community.
- is eager to make a wider contribution to school life.
In return, we can offer you:
- a truly amazing group of friendly, motivated and well-behaved children, who we are all proud of.
- we are a recognised ‘support school’ with a strong leadership team who will support your professional development, tailored to your personalised needs.
- dedicated weekly PPA time and regular leadership time where appropriate.
- an attractive well-resourced learning environment.
- a strong commitment to ensuring your well-being, including personal ‘passport’ days in term time!
- a very supportive governing body.
Information about our school:
St. Edmund’s C of E Primary and Nursery School is situated in Mansfield Woodhouse and serves the immediate area. We are a one-form entry school comprising of 8 classes, from FS1 to Year 6, catering for 253 children.
We are an over-subscribed, forward-looking school with supportive parents and a friendly, collegiate staff team.
If you are keen to be part of our very special team, please do request further details and an application pack. Contact the school office on 01623 646624 or email@example.com .
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to make an appointment and see our fantastic school in action. Viewing times are:
Friday 21/02/20 at 11am (this is in the half-term break)
Tuesday 25/02/20 at 2pm and 4pm
Wednesday 26/02/20 at 11am and 4pm
Friday 28/02/20 at 11am and 4pm
The closing date is Monday 02 March 2020 at 10am. Interviews will take place on Friday 06 March 2020.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.