Number on roll: 88
Age range: 3 - 18
Ash Lea is a friendly and aspirational day school for children and young people aged 3-18 who have complex learning difficulties. Many of our pupils also have significant physical difficulties. We are situated in Cotgrave, a small town in the borough of Rushcliffe about 5 miles south-east of the centre of Nottingham.
Our pupils work in a stimulating and caring environment, where they learn; ‘working together to be the best that we can be’. Our aim is to develop the full potential of individual pupils involving teachers, other professionals and parents in partnership.
We are seeking an inspiring, dynamic leader whose value driven leadership will enable our pupils to access educational and life opportunities via an individualised curriculum and supporting them to be active citizens in the wider community.
You must be able to demonstrate exceptional leadership and managerial skills, as well as having significant experience and knowledge of working with children and young people with a range of complex needs. As a skilled SEND practitioner, you will have proven success in leading a team in delivering a personalised curriculum.
We are looking for:
- A leader with a strong background of SEND education, with high expectations of staff and pupils
- A leader who will inspire and develop the whole school community
- A resourceful professional able to manage the performance of colleagues and champion the highest standards of teaching and learning
- A leader with the skills and personality to take our school forward in partnerships into its next phase of development
We can offer:
- Fantastic pupils with very supportive parents and families
- Supportive and hard-working staff
- Highly supportive and experienced governing body
- A recently extended and refurbished school environment in a pleasant setting close to Nottingham
Visits by potential applicants to Ash Lea School are encouraged and welcomed. There will be an opportunity to look around the school with some of the governors on the afternoon of Wednesday 26 February. To arrange a visit to the school please contact the school office to make an appointment on 01159 892744.
Application forms and further details are available from, Governor Services, Meadow House, Littleworth, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire NG18 2TB, telephone number 0115 8044666 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing date: Midnight, Monday, 2 March 2020. Shortlisting will take place on Friday, 6 March 2020. Interviews will take place on Monday 23 March 2020.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.