Head Teacher: Caroline Armstrong
Executive Head Teacher: Tony Warsop
Start date: ASAP
Cotgrave Candleby Lane School is at the heart of our community and strives to ensure that every child has the support, care, guidance and challenge to be the best they can be. Our fun and engaging approach, mixed with an invigorating environment and ethos, enables staff and pupils to push boundaries to be the very best they can be in all aspects of school life. We value the uniqueness in every child and celebrate this with them. This is mirrored with the staff too as every member of our team has to celebrate and be clear about what makes them unique.
The school is proud of the strong bonds created with our children and families. This careful development is the product of nurture; our drive to develop the school’s eight values and truly going the extra mile for our children and families. The strong bonds are also reflected in our staff team, who have a ‘can do’ approach, care for each other, learn together and work well together as a high performing team. Importantly, we also know how to have fun in what we do.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and compassionate Personal Care assistant with a commitment to inclusion, to support an individual and work as part of a creative team within our Key Stage 2 team. Working with a child with complex needs that requires support with communication and interaction the PCA will have due regard to their caring, supporting role at all times.
We are actively seeking and excited to find someone who has the ability to form outstanding relationships with children and get to the heart of each and every child in their care. Someone who has high aspirations and is passionate about providing children with the very best opportunities. Cotgrave Candleby Lane is a forward thinking school who are proud to be part of the Flying High Partnership.
We are looking for someone who:
• Delights in being with children and puts the children’s well-being before anything else.
• Is going to bring new ideas & energy to a forward facing school that is continuously striving for excellence.
• Is fascinated by the learning process.
• Is on a mission to continually develop themselves as practitioners.
• Loves supporting and inspiring fellow staff and students.
• Sincerely values every member of the school community.
• Believes in each and every child and has high aspirations for their achievement.
• Enjoys working as part of a supportive team.
• Has the ability to lead and inspire children and staff.
What we can offer you:
• A passionate, positive and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heart of every decision.
• A full induction programme.
• A strong network of schools who support each other and share best practice.
• A commitment to quality CPD as part of the Flying High Trust.
• Significant support through both the Head teacher, Senior Leadership Team and the Flying High Trust, ensuring that you will succeed in this role.
• Working in a supportive partnership within and beyond your school, driven by a moral purpose underpinned by our core ethos and values.
• Working within a developmental, not judgemental, school and partnership.
• Engagement with Trust networks to share best practice and learn from others across our partnership.
• An organisation committed to supporting and enabling the wellbeing of all staff.
If you are keen to be part of our very special team, please request further details.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and actively encouraged (as you can probably tell we are extremely proud of our children and school). By visiting the school prior to applying, you will get a real feel for the place and be able to ask further questions, so please book a time on our website or phone for an appointment 0115 989 2284.
Closing Date: Friday 28th February 2020.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, therefore all positions are offered subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and references confirming your suitability to work with children.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.