Director of SEND (SENCO)
The Academy has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced teacher with the skills and vision to join our Leadership Team.
Applications are invited from Teachers who have:
- an excellent understanding of children and learning
- a secure knowledge of PP and SEN practice and policy or a willingness and ability to learn quickly
- excellent interpersonal skills with a good sense of humour
- a positive can do attitude
- a commitment to school and personal development.
Applicants must possess a National SENCo Award or be willing to undertake the qualification with study sponsorship support.
The successful applicant will be expected to deliver high quality interventions, implement effective systems for tracking and monitoring progress in a highly organised way whilst demonstrating a confidence in decision making. You will be responsible for ensuring pupils with SEN make good progress in line with the schools overall expectations. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and talented candidate who can lead in team on their journey.
The main duties are:
• To assist the Principal in the leadership and management of the school in key aspects of school improvement.
• To take full responsibility for leading and managing accelerated progress for all SEN, LAC, PP and EAL pupils
• To be the lead professional ensuring all staff are fully supported
• To carry out teaching duties and model good/outstanding teaching through interventions, in doing so raising both expectations and standards leading to sustainable accelerated progress for all identified children
• To be a role model to all staff and exemplify Teachers Standards and Professionalism
• To undertake annual Performance Management, setting and agreeing targets linked to school development plan and setting priorities with the Principal
In return we can offer a friendly, supportive and committed staff team with good opportunities to develop your career. We have all-encompassing professional development with a structured path to enable career progression. This includes secondments at other schools in the East Midlands and formal leadership training and coaching. We believe in our staff and want them to be the best they can be. We have excellent CPD opportunities and are part of the Redhill Teaching Alliance. We work closely with our feeder primary schools and the successful candidate will have scope for working across phases.
Full details are available and you may apply online by visiting our website: http://www.elizabethan.notts.sch.uk/Vacancies or telephone Helen Upson on 01777 713705.
Applications are also invited from any potential applicant with the ability to fulfil this role as an unqualified teacher, full training and support will be provided.
Closing date for applications:10am Tuesday 25th February 2020.
Interviews taking place Wednesday 4th March 2020.
The Academy is committed to equality of experience for all staff and students. We operate safer recruitment, robust child protection procedures and require evidence of DBS clearance for all employees. Checks will also be made with previous employers.
This vacancy is closed to applications.