We require an effective and resourceful Site Manager to work in our large Primary School.
The successful candidate will be required to work all year round on a split shift basis Monday – Friday between the hours of 7.00 am and 10.30 am and 2.30 pm – 6.00pm. Hours would need to be flexible at times to cover meetings, discos, performances, fairs etc. All annual leave is to be taken in school holiday periods.
This is a split shift position, which includes cleaning of the building, along with compliance checks and routine maintenance of the school.
We are looking for someone who is a good communicator and who can work well with contractors and other visitors to school. You must have the ability to meet deadlines and work in a busy environment calmly and safely and have a positive outlook and cheerful personality.
You should have:
- A keen eye for detail, be able to demonstrate a practical knowledge of DIY/ handy person and maintenance skills
- Knowledge of cleaning practices and procedures including prior experience of working with cleaning chemicals
- A working knowledge of Health & Safety issues
- The ability to maintain all required paperwork accurately and up to date
We are looking for someone who is well organised and can work independently and closely with the Head Teacher and School Business Manager, as well as possessing the ability to use their own initiative. The successful candidate will also be the main key holder with responsibility for the security of the site and lettings. We are looking for someone with a high degree of commitment to ensuring a safe and healthy environment for staff, pupils and visitors to the school. Training will be provided and a commitment to ongoing professional development is essential.
Visits to school are actively encouraged; please contact the school office on 01623 455255 to arrange an appointment. For an application form please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or this can be collected from the school office.
Closing Date: 4th March 2020 at 10.00 am
Interview Date: Friday 6th March 2020
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.