Early Years Teacher or Practitioner
There is potential for the post to extend as the school converts to a primary school in September 2020, ahead of its move to a new build site in September 2021. It is a very exciting opportunity to be part of the growth and development of our formal Collaboration, and full CPD will be put in place for leadership or teaching and learning development.
Governors are seeking to appoint a strong and flexible classroom practitioner from September 2019 to teach across the Collaboration of two schools.
Coddington VC Primary is a good school (Ofsted Jan 2019) with strong aspiration to ensure all our pupils get the best education they can. Christ Church VA Infants is rapidly improving (Ofsted Jan 2019) and is currently undergoing an exciting period of planned development, expansion and planned move to a new school build.
The teaching post would be initially based at Christ Church VA Infants with class responsibility for the Foundation Stage and, as a member of the EYFS and KS1 teams across both schools. The post holder will teach at Coddington as required.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a good understanding of the EYFS and KS1 curriculum and assessment processes
- Have a proven track record of (demonstrate a strong commitment to) accelerating progress and improving attainment outcomes in the Early Years
- Have high expectations about what children can achieve and good subject knowledge, particularly in phonics, to enable all children to meet their potential
- Have the ability to promote a classroom ethos that supports children in developing effective inter-personal skills, independence and confidence as learners
- Understands the importance of establishing strong relationships with families and the wider community
- Be supportive of our Christian values and ethos
- Be a proactive team player, who can use their initiative and who makes things happen.
We can offer you:
- The support of an experienced Teaching Assistant in the EYFS at Christ Church VA Infants and from the phase team leaders across the collaboration
- Friendly children who really respond to care and exciting teaching
- Strong support from effective senior leaders, CPD to keep you up to date with current teaching initiatives and possible career development opportunities (at middle leadership level)
- An established coaching culture where everyone works together to improve children’s opportunities and staff skills and confidence
- A strong church school community and belonging where everyone is valued
- A strong working partnerships with the Together for Newark family of schools
- Excellent wider CPD opportunities through the diocese, our links with local hubs and our membership of the Equate Teaching School Alliance.
Prospective applicant visits are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school to arrange these or to request an application pack by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 24th June at 12 noon
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.