Eskdale Junior School is an outstanding school with a team of hardworking and dedicated staff. We seek to appoint an inspirational and enthusiastic music teacher to join our exceptional team. This is an excellent opportunity for a music specialist teacher or a musician with teaching skills with at least one year’s experience to work in our small, friendly and thriving school.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a successful school and are committed to providing the highest quality care for our children, please apply.
Our music provision has greatly widened in the last few years with enthusiastic participation from all our children. We are therefore looking for a teacher who:
- Can teach whole school, year group (year 3 – year 6) and class music lessons from the national curriculum
- Provide support and CPD opportunities for staff through best practice
- Can develop singing skills for whole school and class assemblies
- Can support music performance and enrichment, for example; School Choir, Young Voices and Musical Showcase
- Is willing to lead the development, assessment and monitoring of the subject
- Has high expectations and is reflective about their teaching
- Actively promotes pupil achievement through engaging lessons
- Is able to form excellent relationships with children, colleagues and parents
- Liaise and organise music lessons to children from our outside service provider, for example; guitar, piano and drumming
Prospective candidates are warmly invited and recommended to visit the School by appointment.
The ideal candidate will have Qualified Teaching status and relevant music qualifications or experience.
Eskdale Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting welfare of children and young people which will be discussed at interview. Candidates are vetted thoroughly and appointment is subject to identity & enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
Application forms can be downloaded from the school website at https://eskdalenotts.secure-primarysite.net/vacancies/ or by contacting the school office.
Closing date: Tuesday 25th June – 12 noon. Interviews: w/c Monday 1st July.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.