Heymann Primary & Nursery School has a strong staff, committed to raising standards and taking the school forward. You will find our staff very welcoming, the children keen to learn and that there is a friendly and positive ethos throughout the school. We are a founding school within Equals Trust.
We are seeking to appoint a part-time caretaker, 32.5 hours a week, 52 weeks a year from 6th January 2020. This post is NJC scale (base hours 37) grade 2 point 2 to 4, £17,711 to £18,426, but part time and so pro rata for 32.5 hours, 52 weeks a year. This vacancy has arisen due to an increased need for maintenance as our KS1 site ages. We are also planning for the future retirement of our existing site manager and would like to appoint someone to this caretaker vacancy with a keen interest and ability to progress to site manager within the next couple of years.
We are looking for a caretaker who:
- Has experience in the maintenance and repair of premises and sites, security and heating, health and safety, COSHH regulations, legionella testing (including weekly flushing and maintaining log books), and supervision of cleaning staff
- Can assess problems and decide on the best course of action
- Has excellent communication and inter personal skills
- Appreciates the physical demands of the role
- Appreciates the need to provide a safe, maintained and secure environment
- Is committed to ensuring that each child has the best possible school experience
We can offer you:
- the opportunity to work for an experienced site manager and with other staff within Equals Trust
- happy, well-behaved enthusiastic children
- supportive and innovative staff
- a welcoming and caring ethos where everyone is valued
- a friendly working environment
- opportunities for CPD and a culture of sharing good practice within and across other schools
- an exciting opportunity to be involved in the expansion of our school
- committed and supportive governors and parents
Please contact Jenny Everitt, School Business Manager, for an information pack and application form, visits are most welcome (where our site manager can give you a walk around our school the w/c 14th October 2019) and can be arranged with the school office. Please email email@example.com or telephone 0115 9145035, option 1. Our school website will also give you a flavour of Heymann Primary & Nursery School which also has a link to our blog. (www.heymann.notts.sch.uk). You may also be interested in Equals Trust (EQT). Click here to find out a little more about EQT www.equalstrust.org .
Please complete the application form and return to the school by midday Friday 1st November 2019 with an accompanying letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) explaining why you are interested in the role and highlighting skills you think most relevant to this role. Interviews will be held the w/c 18th November 2019.
Heymann Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to enhanced DBS checks and suitable references.