Cluster SEND Coordinator
Are you passionate about ensuring that children get the highest quality education and are relentless in your drive for excellence? Do you have a talent for enabling every child to reach their potential? Can you inspire and support colleagues to break down barriers and so that every day counts?
If so, then we want to hear from you! The Flying High Trust are looking to appoint a SEND Coordinator to provide support to the children, staff and families in our Trust schools. You will work closely with Senior Leadership Team and staff in schools to ensure the SEND provision is meeting the needs of all learners. You would be joining an exceptional and supportive team of professionals, who are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and our mission to make every day count for the children. Each of our individual roles has an impact on the future of our children and so, we put them at the heart of the decisions we make and the services we provide.
Flying High Partnership consists of two distinct parts: Flying High Trust and Flying High Futures. Flying High Trust is a Multi Academy Trust of 30 primary schools across Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and Nottingham City. Our Flying High family work hard to deliver the best possible opportunities to our children. Through this partnership we are proud of our achievements and are recognised as one of the highest performing Multi Academy Trusts (MAT) in the country. Flying High Futures provides professional learning internally for staff across the Trust, and externally through Department for Education national programmes. Forming part of Flying High Futures is the Flying High Teaching School Hub, Flying High English Hub, and the Flying High cohort of Inspiring Leaders teacher training. We are looking for someone who is excited to be a part of this partnership, with a positive outlook on life, is well organised and has loads of resilience.
We can offer you:
• Support to access leadership qualifications
• An opportunity to be part of a supportive, developmental partnership
• CPD matched to your stage of development
• The opportunity for career progression across the Flying High Partnership.
• The opportunity to be part of an ambitious leadership team, working to deliver the best opportunities for the children and the community it serves
• A network of peers who will offer support, friendship and guidance
• A varied job where no day is the same!
• An organisation committed to supporting and enabling the wellbeing of all staff
We are looking for someone who:
• Has had experience in a primary school as a practicing SENDCo
• Has the National Award for SEND or is working towards it/willing to complete it
• Has a secure understanding of the Code of Practice and can translate this into effective strategies and practice at a school level
• Can work with other members of the SLT to determine the strategic development of SEN policy and provision for the school
• Has experience of working with the Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire systems and approaches to SEND
• Is tenacious in their approach to ensuring all children with SEND have an inclusive education
• Enthusiasm, energy, integrity, and professionalism.
• Is a team player.
• Has an eye for detail.
• Is willing to roll up their sleeves up and get stuck in.
Your core aims of this role are:
• Be responsible for day-to-day operation of the SEN policy and co-ordination of specific provision to support individual pupils with SEN or a disability
• Have a strategic overview of the provision for pupils with SEN or a disability across the school, monitoring and reviewing the quality of provision
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of national and local initiatives which may affect the school’s policy and practice
• Identify a pupil’s SEN and co-ordinate provision that meets the pupil’s needs, and monitor its effectiveness
• Support the schools to maintain an accurate and up to date SEND register and provision map
• Provide guidance to colleagues on teaching pupils with SEN or a disability, and advise on the graduated approach to SEND
• Advise on the use of the school’s budget and other resources to meet pupils’ needs effectively, including staff deployment
• Work with early years providers, other schools, educational psychologists, health and social care professionals, and other external agencies
• Analyse assessment data for pupils with SEN or a disability
• Implement and lead intervention groups for pupils with SEN, and evaluate their effectiveness
• Liaise with other schools to ensure continuity of support and learning when pupils with SEND come into school or transfer to other schools
Hear from one of our current Cluster SEND Coordinators by clicking here.
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please visit our Eteach page, Flying High Trust Careers Site Eteach (51929) where you will be able to submit your application online. In addition we also have a part time SEND Coordinator vacancy at Alderman Pounder Infant and Nursery. Please visit our Trust website and Eteach page for more information.
For further information about the Flying High Partnership or if you require any support in relation to the applications form please visit www.flyinghighpartnership.co.uk Alternatively, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Closing Date: Monday 26th September 2022
Interview and Assessment: Monday 3rd October 2022
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applicants. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
This vacancy is closed to applications.