Required for January 2022.
Are you the person to lead our happy, successful Nottinghamshire school forwards to an exciting future?
At John Blow Primary School, we share a vision for a learning community, where children can enjoy their childhood experiences. Children and adults alike are valued for their individuality, talents, culture and heritage. Everyone is encouraged to develop their full potential in a stimulating, challenging and caring environment.
John Blow Primary School is at the hub of community life in Collingham and after a long period of stability under our current headteacher, who retires this term, governors are looking to appoint an inspirational head teacher for our popular school to lead us on the next stage of our journey.
Like all schools, John Blow Primary has been through a testing time recently but we believe that we have continued to deliver a high-quality education to our pupils and that we are well placed to continue to make progress in our development. Governors are ambitious for the school and are focused at achieving outstanding status at our next inspection.
We are an outward looking school keen to share practice and learn from others. We value the positive collaborative links we have established with other schools, and would want to ensure our partnership working continues to develop.
If you share our vision and ambition and are keen to continue your career in a supportive environment then we would love to receive your application.
As our new Head Teacher, you will:
• be absolutely committed to developing the potential of every child
• be able to build on our current practice and take us to the next level
• continue to develop our curriculum so that it offers each child a rounded education comprising of rich experiences
• be caring, approachable, determined, visionary and strategic
• be able to motivate and inspire both staff and pupils
• have the ability to develop strong working relationships with staff, pupils, parents, governors, and other stakeholders.
• be an excellent classroom practitioner; being able to lead by example
John Blow Primary can offer you:
• a caring community of children who are courteous, welcoming, enthusiastic, eager to learn and proud of their school
• a dedicated and knowledgeable staff team who are keen to continue the development of their skills towards achieving excellence
• experienced and supportive governors who are committed to excellence and school improvement
• a forward looking and vibrant school which engages with the whole school community
• a commitment to your professional development as Leader of the school
You are encouraged and warmly invited to visit the school prior to submitting an application. Please contact, the school office to make arrangements by telephone 01636 892485 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
An information pack and application form are available from Kerry Wood, Governor Services, Meadow House, Littleworth, Mansfield NG18 2TA. Telephone number 0115 8044666 or email: email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday 21st June 2021 at 9.00am.
Shortlisting: Tuesday 29th June 2021 at 6.00pm.
Interviews: Thursday 8th and Friday 9th July 2021.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.