Required from September 2021: Grade 3 teaching assistant
We are looking to appoint a full time teaching assistant (to work 30 hours per week) to join our hardworking and dedicated staff team.
The successful candidate will have experience across the primary age range and sound knowledge of the curriculum. They will have the skills to support upper key stage 2 in particular and have the confidence to work independently with groups and 1:1, as well as in the classroom alongside (or in the absence of) the teacher. You will have the creative skills to be able to prepare work and provide feedback to both staff and children and be involved in the wider life of the school.
We are looking for applicants who:
• Enjoy being with children and put children’s well-being at the heart of all they do
• Have experience of working with children with SEND and have high aspirations for their achievement
• Believe in the capacity of all young people to learn and grow, despite the various challenges they face
• Have a positive and enthusiastic attitude
• Are able to show initiative, creativity and resilience
• Can be flexible to adapt plans and pre-empt situations and act accordingly
• Are strong team players, willing to go the extra mile to make school a positive experience for our pupils
• Demonstrate a good standard of written and spoken English
A visit to the school will give you a good introduction to our school and we really hope it will encourage you to visit us. Potential applicants are actively encouraged to make a socially distanced visit (dependent on the Covid 19 risk assessment at that time) to see our environment and explore the opportunity further. Our website (www.willowbrook.notts.sch.uk) is a great source of information and we would encourage you to take a look and get a feel for our ethos.
Application forms and information documents are available on the vacancy section of the website and can also be downloaded below.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are therefore subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and references confirming candidates’ suitability to work with children.
Closing date for both positions: 12 noon Wednesday 23rd June. Interviews are scheduled to take place on Wednesday 30th June.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.