Head of Personal Development
R.E.A.L. Education Ltd aspire to be the leading provider of high quality learning opportunities and innovative approaches to enable all children to receive a valuable life changing experience through our values of trust, innovation and achievement.
We are now pleased to bring you an exciting opportunity to join the growing R.E.A.L. team as the Head of Personal Development.
The Head of Personal Development is part of the Schools Management Team. Its primary focus will be to determine the strategic direction and business development of the personal development within the schools linked to the core values of trust, innovation and achievement. The Head of Personal Development will work with the Head of Schools, Directors, the schools management team, Governing Body, staff and learners to develop and implement a strategic vision for the school. They will provide and contribute to reports with analysis and develop plans for the schools future needs and further development, specifically representing the personal development agenda.
This is an exciting opportunity with a market leading provider, responsibilities are varied and include:
- Taking a strategic lead, alongside the Head of Schools, Governors and Directors, to ensure effective personal development of learners across the schools
- Accounting for the schools’ efficiency and effectiveness with respect to learner personal development.
- Coordinate and manage a caseload of learners, fulfilling all duties reflective of a School Learning Manager job description.
Managing the School
- The Head of Personal Development will deploy people and resources efficiently to meet the specific objectives of the Schools’ Improvement Planning.
- Support the creation of an organisational structure which reflects the organisation’s values and enables the management systems, structures and processes to work effectively in line with legal requirements
- Manage expenditure within the agreed budget and report regularly to Head of Schools, Governors and Directors
Leading Personal Development
- Work in conjunction with the Head of Schools and Governing Body to secure and sustain high quality personal development programmes throughout the school, in line with the Education Inspection Framework.
- Monitor and evaluate the personal development programmes and the outcomes achieved by the learners and set realistic but challenging targets for personal development, linked to Education, Health and Care Plans.
Developing self and Working with Others
- Working with staff to maximise their contribution towards improving the personal development offer
- Monitor, regulate and embed effective planning, resourcing, support and evaluation of work undertaken by others, ensuring clear delegation of tasks and devolution of responsibilities
Shaping the Future
The Head of Personal Development will work with the Head of Schools, Governing Body, staff and learners to develop and implement a strategic vision for the school and analyse and plan for its future needs and further development.
For full details of responsibilities, please refer to the job description and person specification.
The successful candidate should have significant experience of school leadership with a sustained record of school improvement. They should also possess experience of designing and developing appropriate personal development programmes. You must have qualified teacher status and be educated to degree level.
You should have the ability to develop and maintain a clear vision for an appropriate and innovative personal development offer and have the commitment, drive and ability to achieve the highest standards.
It is an essential requirement for this role to have a full UK driving licence and have access to a roadworthy vehicle.
An application form is available to download below.
If you think you have the drive and ambition and want to work with a forward thinking education company please apply by submitting your CV, covering letter and application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm on 25th June 2021.
Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.