Library and Information Advisor
We’re the independent charity running Suffolk’s library service including its prison libraries.
We make life better for thousands of Suffolk people by expanding knowledge, stimulating creativity and fostering a sense of community.
We are looking for an individual who can provide a high-quality library service to prisoners. We are interested in someone who:
- Aspires to deliver great customer service.
- Has sufficient emotional resilience to work in what can be both a challenging and highly rewarding environment.
- Is friendly and approachable with a confident manner and the ability to remain vigilant.
- Can demonstrate appropriate interpersonal and effective communication skills.
- Enjoys reading and promoting reading to others and is willing to support and deliver the additional activities we offer.
- Is IT literate and competent in the use of computer packages to provide information to customers.
- Is able to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and to work on their own initiative as well as being an effective team member.
- Understands Suffolk Libraries services and what it delivers.
If you have experience in a customer facing role, enjoy helping people and have a willingness to work within a team in a busy environment we would like to hear from you.
This position is for an average of 22 hours per week
Mon: 08.00 – 16.30 Tues: 13.30 – 19.00 Wed: 13.30 - 19.00 Sat: 08.30 – 16.30
Mon: 08.00 - 16.30 Tues: 13.30 – 19.00 Wed: 13.30 - 19.00
The rate of pay for this position commences at £8.75 per hour.
If you wish to apply for this role then please apply through Suffolk Libraries job page https://www.suffolklibraries.co.uk/about/jobs/
As users of the disability conﬁdent scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
The closing date for applications is Friday 17th April 2020.