The Inclusion Faculty at George Spencer Academy is highly regarded. The faculty is based in the Learning and Inclusion centre which opened in 2012. We are looking for staff who want to support in taking the faculty forward and are passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people.
An outstanding, World Class School with a national reputation for providing high quality education.
George Spencer Academy is an inspirational place with a true sense of belonging to something special. We are a warm, friendly and vibrant school that is built on an ‘Ethos of Excellence’. We have high expectations for all and a belief that every child will be successful both academically and as lifelong learners. As a values driven school our students and staff create a community that we are extremely proud of. We believe in investing in our staff and we offer excellent career, training and professional development opportunities.
Our strong core values have led to a school where:
- We believe the power of education shapes children’s lives.
- Students are polite, honest, respectful and resilient.
- Academic challenge is interwoven with the support we provide for each individual.
- Standards are high with positive behaviour and active engagement in learning being the norm.
- Staff and students have built strong relationships as we strive to be the best we can be.
SAT is an educational charity, Multi-Academy Trust and Sponsor of Academies. We have approaching 16000 children and young people in our academies and employ more than 2200 teachers, leaders and educational support professionals across the East Midlands. We aspire to be a leading regional high performing Trust, with a national reputation for excellence.
We currently have 15 primary academies, 8 secondary academies and one primary aged special school in our family of schools. All of our schools benefit from the collaboration and added value that being a member of our Trust offers, and share our values and beliefs. Spencer Trust academies share an ambition to deliver results that compete with the very highest performing schools in the country, and deliver a curriculum for students that is underpinned by breadth, opportunity and quality: one that seeks to give young people the opportunity to develop into well rounded global citizens that believe they can influence positive change in the world.
Our Mission is to deliver the best possible outcomes for children and young people.
Spencer Academies Trust is an exceptional Trust, providing an outstanding education for local children.
- All children have a right to a quality education regardless of background or ability, and have an entitlement to the opportunity of a secure progression route in their learning and development.
- Schools are stronger when they work in collaboration with each other, operate within a ‘family’ and are open to a true sense of partnership.
- We grow the effectiveness and sustainability of our schools by developing the people within them, and that through shared and equitable responsibility for quality and outcomes; we achieve more.
If you would like to discuss the role, or have any queries, please contact Lindsay Wiseman, Inclusion Manager, Lwiseman@george-spencer.notts.sch.uk
Applications for this post must be submitted on our online application form, which can be found at www.satrust.com/vacancies, or by clicking the “apply now” link.
In line with safer recruitment policies references will be called for prior to interview.
Closing date for applications is Monday 3 October 2022 at 8am.
Spencer Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and all posts are subject to enhanced DBS with children’s barred list checks and completion of Level 2 safeguarding training.