Cotgrave Candleby Lane School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and reliable Midday Supervisor to support our existing team, Monday – Friday during term time, to provide high quality support and supervision for children across the whole school, both inside and outside.
You would be joining an exceptional and supportive team of professionals, who are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and our mission to make every day count for our children. Each of our individual roles has an impact on the future of our children; therefore, we put them at the heart of all the decisions we make and the services we provide.
Cotgrave Candleby Lane School is a thriving three form entry school located at the heart of our community. We have a commitment and passion to ensure that every child has the support, care, guidance and challenge to set them on the right path. We value the relationships we have with our children and their families and see the importance of working in a partnership together.
Our curriculum, alongside our ethos and values, celebrates the uniqueness of each individual and has enabled an environment where staff and pupils are encouraged to push boundaries to be the very best they can in all aspects of life.
You will be joining a strong and supportive staff team who are creative and innovative and provide the best learning opportunities for all of our pupils. We are always striving to develop, learn and improve our practice.
Cotgrave Candleby Lane School, is part of The Flying High Partnership which consists of two distinct parts: Flying High Trust and Flying High Futures. Flying High Trust is a Multi Academy Trust of 30 primary schools across Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and Nottingham City. Our Flying High family work hard to deliver the best possible opportunities to our children. Through this partnership we are proud of our achievements and are recognised as one of the highest performing Multi Academy Trusts (MAT) in the country. Flying High Futures provides professional learning internally for staff across the Trust, and externally through Department for Education national programmes. Forming part of Flying High Futures is the Flying High Teaching School Hub, Flying High English Hub, and the Flying High cohort of Inspiring Leaders teacher training.
We can offer you:
• A fantastic working environment, in a team that works together for the benefit of children in our school.
• Support to develop you within this role, to be the best you can be and to help you develop for your next career step.
• An opportunity to be part of a supportive, developmental partnership.
• The opportunity for quality Continuous Professional Learning.
• A varied job where no day is the same!
• Pensions scheme with generous employer contributions.
• An organisation committed to supporting and enabling all staff.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is passionate about the inclusion of children and puts children at the heart of every decision.
• Delights in being with children and puts the children’s well-being before anything else.
• Is determined to make every day count for our children.
• Has excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
• Can work effectively with and without direction.
• Enthusiasm, energy, integrity, and professionalism.
• Is a team player.
• Has an eye for detail.
• Is willing to roll up their sleeves up and get stuck in.
Your core duties will be:
• To work with our existing team, ensuring the safety, welfare and good conduct of pupils during their lunch break.
• Organise and supervise the children across the school both inside and outside.
• To support with preparation/ setting up of the dining area.
• To maintain standards to ensure the dining area remains clean.
• Ensure adequate supervision of pupils in all areas of the school building and grounds.
• Follow and maintain order at lunchtime by following and implementing the school behaviour policy.
• To organising activities for the children as appropriate.
• Administering first aid.
• To attend safeguarding training as required by the school and maintain your knowledge and understanding of your responsibility for safeguarding children in this school
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please visit our school website https://candleby-lane-school.secure-primarysite.net/vacancies/ where you will be able to find information on how to submit your application.
If you want to know more or wish to discuss anything in more detail, please contact Claire Lindsay, Head Teacher.
For further information about the Flying High Partnership or if you require any support in relation to the /applications form please visit www.flyinghighpartnership.co.uk
Closing date: 7th October 9am
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applicants. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.