Cancer Care and Support Coordinator
An exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who wants to make a difference to the lives of individuals living with cancer. Self Help UK, in partnership with Macmillan Cancer Care are delivering a service in Nottinghamshire - Beyond Diagnosis and are looking to appoint to 2 Cancer Care and Support worker posts, based mainly in and around the city but with some flexibility to work county wide as required. With opportunities to work closely with colleagues in Primary and Secondary care to improve the cancer support offer in Nottinghamshire as well as delivering person centred care, the successful applicants will have excellent interpersonal skills and the confidence to engage with professionals at all levels.
• Qualifications or previous work experience which evidences good standards of numeracy and literacy (preferably educated to A ‘level or above)
• Experience of assessing the needs of vulnerable people - preferably those with long term health conditions
• Experience of working in partnership with other agencies including health, local authority, and voluntary sectors.
• Experience of community engagement.
• Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle as required.
For further information please call 0115 9111662 for an informal chat with Cath Cameron-Jones or Kerry Brealey. The application is available from our website: https://www.selfhelp.org.uk/recruitment or CONTACT US ON 0115 9111662 email email@example.com or download one below
CVs are not accepted and your application will be scored against the personal specification in order to short list for interview.
Closing date: 4th October 5pm