How to apply
You will need to complete the online application form by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button at the top and bottom of the vacancy, registering on your first visit.
For vacancies without an apply button, please refer to the application method provided in the advert text.
There are 2 ways to apply:
• upload a CV and details will automatically be transferred into your application and you will then be required to provide additional information and check the personal detail pulled through.
• by completing a full application form.
You do not have to complete the form in one session, as details entered on individual pages will be saved when you click the ‘Save and Continue’ button. Once you have submitted your application, you will receive status updates via the email account you have supplied and can also login to your account to check your status and review any communication that has been sent to you. You can also request assistance in the Help Centre or ask for a Password Reminder.
If you are the successful candidate, copies of your documents will be kept on file. If you are unsuccessful, then copies of your documents will be destroyed.
How to complete your application
Please read these notes carefully, along with any other information supplied, before you start your application.
Candidates will be short listed solely on the information supplied in their application form, measured against the person specification. The 'Information in support of your application' section is very important, as it gives you the opportunity to detail why you are the best person for the job and why you are applying.
Use the job description and person specification as a guide and focus on how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the job requirements, giving specific examples.
For the ‘Information in support of your application’ section, we would recommend you consider your response offline and type your detail into a word document which can be copied and pasted it into your application.
Use the "Logout" button (top right corner of the page) and keep a note of your username and password, so that you can come back and finish off your application later (please be aware of the closing date assigned to each vacancy). To continue with an application that you have already started, login and click on "Your applications" below your username and select the relevant vacancy.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you work for Nottinghamshire County Council and start an application via the intranet (internal website), you will be unable to continue that application via the internet (external website) and vice versa.
Please note, once you have ‘submitted’ your form, it cannot be modified except for your personal details.
The application form is made up of several sections which are listed on the left-hand side of the screen. Each of these sections has a status indicator, the meaning of which is outlined below:
- Completed: All questions completed.
- Review: Some non-mandatory questions not completed.
- Incomplete: Some mandatory questions not completed.
- Mandatory: Questions are mandatory.
For further assistance, here are some Dos and Don’ts:
- Record your username and password and store it safely.
- Enter the information as accurately as possible, especially your contact details.
- Be open and honest in the answers that you give.
- Consider your responses to certain sections of the form offline, as you may be timed out.
- View the help text contained within an 'i' icon by hovering over it.
- Don't submit your application unless you are completely satisfied with it and you have answered all the relevant questions.
- Don't use your browser's 'Back' and 'Forward' buttons. By using the provided menu links you can navigate to each page of the application form.
We wish you every success with your application.