Two KS2 teachers are required for January 2020, or sooner for strong applicants. Both posts are full time, fixed term contracts, initially 2 terms (27.5 hours), with additional opportunity to lead History/Geography or Computing.
Dovecote Primary school is a popular, fully inclusive, 2 form entry city school with a fantastic outdoor environment and plenty of opportunities for outdoor learning. Dovecote was judged be ‘good’ in all areas in March 2019 and we are committed to continue to develop and improve positive outcomes for all our pupils.
At Dovecote, children are at the heart of everything we do. Our philosophy of ensuring the wellbeing of all our pupils extends to our staff and the whole school community. We offer mindfulness for staff, a school counsellor for both staff and pupils. The Jigsaw programme is at the heart of our whole school PHSE provision. Yoga, philosophy, gardening, Spanish and professional music tuition are part of our curriculum for all pupils. We have a world class school library and an onsite creative STEM space (Lab_13). We know that families who join us quickly feel at home and enjoy learning.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent class teacher, with a proven track record of moving children on in their learning and achieving good outcomes for all.
- Be a highly motivated team player who is able and willing to share their expertise with colleagues.
- Provide support for the emotional, social and personal development of pupils to complement their academic progress.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity for an aspirant teacher to lead History/Geography or Computing.
- Lively, enthusiastic pupils who are keen and eager to learn.
- Supportive and enthusiastic staff who are keen to continue to improve and sustain the development of learning and teaching at Dovecote.
- An environment where high quality learning and teaching secures strong outcomes for children.
- A strong commitment to CPD and the support to prepare you for middle or senior leadership if this is your aim.
If our offer is what you are looking for and you feel you have the necessary skills to contribute to our continuing school improvement journey, we would love to hear from you.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack
Closing date: 31 October 2019
Interviews held: Week commencing 4 November 2019
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.