Teaching Assistant and Learning Mentor
Start date November 2019
Walton Academy are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant/Learning Mentor. The successful candidate will be flexible and able to work throughout school and across the curriculum. We are a leading edge high performing Academy and we pride ourselves in our traditional values and supportive culture for both students, parents and staff.
Applicants need to be qualified to a Level 2 standard in a relevant qualification in supporting teaching and learning. Previous experience of working within SEN is desirable as this role will be part of the Inclusion Faculty, under the leadership and supervision of the SENCo. A job share will be considered where part time working is requested.
The successful applicant will be:
- professional in appearance and manner to represent the values of the Academy
- able to prioritise workload - dealing with visitors, students, phone calls, e-mails, room bookings, administration and the post
- reliable and punctual
- adaptable, flexible, confident and calm under pressure
- well organised
- able to make decisions confidently and problem solve
If you are proactive, systematic and flexible and want to join a supportive, committed and collaborative team we offer:
- Full support and induction
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- Salary sacrifice schemes
- A strong caring ethos
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- A well-being package
- Networking opportunities across the Diverse Academies
Please contact Katie Bagnall, Academy Operations Manager on KBagnall@walton-ac.org.uk if you require any further information.
To apply please visit: https://waltonacademy.careers.eteach.com/
The Diverse Academies and its Governors are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in their care and expects everybody working for the organisation to share this commitment. To this end we actively seek DBS enhanced clearance check for everybody that is employed by us.
This vacancy is closed to applications.