Principal Officer Highway Management
The Highways Contract Management Team oversees the County Council’s core contracts for the delivery of its highway’s works and services, the most significant of which is the Highway Term Service contract with Via East Midlands Ltd.
You will be the Team’s expert in all matters relating to the delivery of Via’s Highway Management function and its revenue works e.g. highway inspections, repairing highway defects, drainage cleansing, environmental maintenance gritting etc.
This role will include:
- Ensuring revenue works are delivered to safely and to an appropriate standard, this will involve visits to live sites and snagging completed works.
- Identifying defective works, instructing remedial actions and agreeing timescales for their completion.
- Reviewing productivities to ensure highway services achieve value for money.
- Represent the County Council at the various boards and sub-groups which govern the Term Service Contract.
- Represent the County Council at regional /national working groups and industry bodies.
- Investigate complaints and inquiries from Elected Members and the public, provide comprehensive responses within appropriate timescales and where necessary instruct remedial actions.
- Collaborate with Via EM Ltd. to develop maintenance strategies and policies.
You will need to be committed to collaborative working and establishing working relationships with other teams and organisations.
Disabled applicants who meet the essential shortlisting requirements will be guaranteed an interview. A job share scheme is available for all full time posts: both permanent and temporary, unless otherwise stated. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks.
The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.