Our children’s occupational therapy team sits within the Integrated Children’s Disability Service (ICDS) and is a warm and friendly team comprising occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants. We are dynamic and forward-thinking, always striving to improve outcomes for the people we work with and we are practiced at supporting people to develop their skills in this area of work.
The team specifically works to support disabled children, young people and their families by completing assessments of need and recommending equipment and adaptations to support them in the home. Interventions include specialist seating, moving and handling (including sling recommendation), specialist equipment and major adaptations including Disabled Facilities Grants. The ICDS-Occupational Therapy team covers the whole of Nottinghamshire and we complete regular after school visits.
We are seeking two highly motivated occupational therapists with enthusiasm to provide an excellent service for disabled children, young people and their families. You will:
- Be registered with the HCPC or have applied for registration
- Have knowledge and/or experience of working with children and be child centred in your assessments
- Have knowledge and/or experience of physical disability
- Have knowledge and/or experience of children’s equipment and adaptation solutions
- Have the ability to manage and prioritise your casework
- Have good communication skills and the ability to form positive relationships with a wide range of partner agencies
- Have an understanding of statutory legislation that underpins Occupational Therapy assessment and intervention in children’s social care
- Be a reflective practitioner with a commitment to supervision and professional development
What we offer:
- A welcoming and supportive team
- Flexible and mobile working
- Manageable caseloads and regular, effective supervision
- Support with your professional development
- Ongoing training
- Generous annual leave in addition to 8 days statutory bank holidays
- Excellent occupational pension scheme
- Financial assistance for staff including access to car loan scheme and cycle purchase scheme
- Employee offers and discounts
For more information or for an informal discussion please contact Jean Bates, Occupational Therapy Manager on 0115 8040937.
Disabled applicants who meet the essential shortlisting requirements will be guaranteed an interview. A job share scheme is available for all full time posts: both permanent and temporary, unless otherwise stated. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks.
The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.