Clayfields House is a Secure Children's home situated in Stapleford, Nottingham within easy access of the M1. We provide an intensive service to young people who are vulnerable, at risk to themselves or others, and/or placed in secure accommodation due to offending behaviour or a risk to themselves or from the community.
We are looking for a skilled Site Technician to perform upkeep tasks such as repairs and cleaning. You will be responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment and building systems and ensuring facilities are tidy and functional.
Being reliable with a keen eye for detail is the first step to getting this job. The ideal candidate will have experience and technical knowledge and must also possess manual dexterity and physical stamina.
* Performing minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, filling gaps on walls etc.
* Installing appliances and equipment
* Conducting maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs
* Inspecting and troubleshooting equipment and systems (e.g. ventilation)
* Checking the functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm)
* Collaborating with workers and other professionals during renovations
* Reporting any issues to a facilities manager
* Various decorating tasks
* Driving the unit vehicles
Disabled applicants who meet the essential shortlisting requirements will be guaranteed an interview. A job share scheme is available for all full time posts: both permanent and temporary, unless otherwise stated. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks.
The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.
This vacancy is closed to applications.