Head Teacher: Mrs Jess Scott
Governors are looking to appoint a class teacher to join Larkfields Junior School from September 2019. Larkfields Junior is an exciting and vibrant school with a wide range of excellent CPD opportunities. Our children are proud to be part of Team Larkfields and Take Care of their learning, each other, themselves and the environment. This was highly praised in our recent OFSTED inspection. The school continues to be Good (OFSTED March 2018). This post is suitable for a Newly Qualified Teacher.
The staff and governors are looking for someone who will:
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner who is keen to develop further
- Motivate, inspire and challenge pupils to ensure that expectations remain high
- Be driven, determined and a team player
- Be proactive in building on the school’s existing strengths and be part of the school’s exciting journey into its next stage of development
- Have the ability to develop strong relationships with parents, governors and the community
- Demonstrate a commitment to continued professional development
- Have a growth mindset, with a positive attitude to innovation and change
The children are looking for someone who will:
- Be firm but fair
- Be resilient
- Engage in the wider life of school
- Be creative
- Be honest about their work
- Be patient
- Be fun and have a sense of humour
- Treat everyone equally but recognises that all children are different
- Be kind and caring
- Be dedicated to the children
In return, Team Larkfields offers:
- Wonderfully fantastic pupils who are very proud of their school and have a strong pupil voice
- A strong commitment to high quality, personalised continued professional development via Candleby Lane Teaching School and a strong family of schools
- Supportive parents and school community with high expectations
- A dedicated team of governors who are passionate about providing the best education possible
- A fabulous staff team who are positive, caring and extremely committed to providing excellent outcomes for children - and who are also a bit bonkers but good fun!
Visits to school can be arranged by contacting the school office. Application forms are also available from the school website.
Closing date: Midday Wednesday 19th June. Interviews: Scheduled for Monday 24th June.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.