Class teacher x 2 (Key Stage 1 and upper Key Stage)
Head Teacher: Mrs Stephanie Astle
Roll: 464 (3 - 11).
Both NQTs and experienced teachers are welcome to apply
Are you a fantastic, reflective classroom practitioner? Are you keen to develop the whole child to their full potential? The Governors at High Oakham Primary School wish to appoint two dynamic, creative teachers for Key Stage 1 and upper Key Stage 2 respectively this coming September.
We are looking for someone who …
- Is an excellent classroom practitioner
- Is committed to developing and nurturing our children
- Has a talent for bringing learning alive and is successful in securing children's excitement about their learning
- Has a proven track record of helping children to achieve good progress levels and attainment outcomes
- Has a good knowledge of child development and what helps all children to learn
- Shows a commitment to creating and participating in a strong community where everyone feels valued, safe, able to achieve their potential and where diversity is celebrated and everyone has a voice
- Has very high expectations of what children can achieve and the subject knowledge to enable children to meet their potential
- Has high expectations of themselves
- Has the ability to promote a classroom ethos that supports children in developing effective interpersonal skills, independence and the confidence to take a risk in developing their learning
- Will demonstrate our school values in all they do
- Shows resilience and has a proven track record of effective behaviour management, underpinned by high expectations and a nurturing approach
- A proactive team player, who can use their initiative and who makes things happen
- Is willing to go the extra mile for our children!
If you like a challenge, like to take risks with your teaching, are willing to take children to exciting places in their learning, like support and encouragement and are keen to continue your professional development, we want to meet you.
We can offer you:
- Fantastic children, who are keen to learn and are a pleasure to work with
- A welcoming, friendly and supportive staff
- Strong leadership of teaching and learning
- Well-behaved children who love inspirational teaching
- Exceptional levels of teamwork at all levels
- A culture where everyone works together to improve children’s opportunities and staff skills and confidence
- A strong sense of community and belonging where everyone is valued
- Effective working partnerships with our local cluster of schools
Excellent wider CPD opportunities through our links with local hubs and our membership of the Candleby Lane Teaching School Alliance
This is an exciting opportunity to come with us as we embark on our journey to be a beacon school, a hub in the community. We are a good school with a strong aspiration to provide the best education possible for our children. Our forward-looking outlook affords teachers the chance to be creative, collaborative and develop the skills, passions and attributes of all children. We want all our teachers to teach excellent and innovative lessons consistently and be able to coach others to do the same. A good sense of humour and an appreciation of life and respectful, positive connections are really important to us – do you have these?
Prospective applicant visits are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school to arrange these or to request an application pack by emailing email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 21st June 2019 12.00pm.
Shortlisting: Monday 24th June 2019
Interviews: Monday 1st July 2019
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.