Music PPA Teacher (Years 5 & 6)
Head of School: Mr Russell Gray, Roll: 405 (3-11)
Start date: 1st September 2019
Victoria Primary School is looking to appoint a motivational teacher of national curriculum Music. The post holder will teach classes of Year 5 and 6 pupils during their class teachers’ weekly PPA time and also run an after school Music club. First-time visitors to Victoria Primary School are always surprised: we are a culturally diverse inner-city estate school where our team’s high academic expectations are evident and our pupils are obviously eager to please. With a committed and friendly staff team, this position offers a rare and exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to use their passion for Music to inspire young learners and create success for their futures.
We are looking for someone who:
• believes in our school motto: “Work hard – Be kind”
• has a proven track record of consistently building great outcomes from pupils’ learning
• can naturally and confidently engage children of all backgrounds in achieving academic excellence
• has a need to continue their own learning and development
• has a thorough knowledge of the Music curriculum
• loves education and the rewards of working with children
The teacher we appoint can expect to:
• be an equal member of a forward thinking staff team
• teach diverse, outgoing and friendly children
• receive PPA entitlement as flexi-time
• engage with ongoing development and support through Nova Education Trust and the Torch Teaching School Alliance
Visits to our school are encouraged and warmly welcomed by appointment.
Application forms and further details are available from the school via www.victoriaprimaryschool.org.uk and clicking the “vacancies” tab.
Applications close at 12pm on 27th June 2019. Interviews will be held shortly after that date.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.