HMP Ranby Library and Information Advisor
Suffolk Libraries is an independent and charitable society which runs Suffolk’s library service including its prison libraries.
Our vision is to “transform lives through access to knowledge and resources, promote lifelong learning and strengthen communities by meeting their evolving needs.”
We are looking for an individual who can provide a high-quality library service to prisoners. We are interested in someone who:
- Aspires to deliver great customer service.
- Is friendly and approachable with a confident manner and the ability to remain vigilant.
- Can demonstrate appropriate interpersonal and effective communication skills.
- Enjoys reading and promoting reading to others and is willing to support and deliver the additional activities we offer.
- Is IT literate and competent in the use of computer packages to provide information to customers.
- Is able to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and to work on their own initiative as well as being an effective team member.
- Has sufficient emotional resilience to work in what can be both a challenging and highly rewarding environment.
- Understands Suffolk Libraries services and what it delivers.
If you have experience in a customer facing role, enjoy helping people and have a willingness to work within a team in a busy environment we would like to hear from you.
Position 1 is for an average of 11.5 hours per week on the following work pattern:
Wed: 13:00 – 19:30 & Sat: 9.30 – 15:00
Position 2 is for a relief position:
The relief position has no guaranteed hours, the relief hours will cover for any permanent staff absences due to annual leave, training or sickness.
Please send a CV together with a supporting statement outlining what you will bring to Suffolk Libraries and HMP Ranby to: email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 24th July 2019 and if successful you will be asked to attend an interview on Tuesday 6th August 2019.